cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
New Contributor

Lastpass will not save master password after closing and restarting Edge

I'm presently enjoying Lastpass not saving the master password when I close down Edge. Before today, I had zero problems with that working.

Sometime back, I got an answer to this from Support but forgot what it was. Edge is saving the cookies and in Lastpass itself, the "Log out when all browsers are closed" is unchecked as is the "Log out after so many minutes". 

Is there not some setting within Lastpass itself that can fix this? I'm sure I was told that a ways back but to get that help now is just about zero. 

I'll appreciate any help someone can give me with this. Thanks! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
LogMeIn Contributor

Re: Lastpass will not save master password after closing and restarting Edge

Hello,

Could you check your browser's settings to make sure cookies and saved website data aren't being cleared upon closing out of your browser session? If your browser is set to never remember cookies, or to clear all of your cookies and website data upon closing this could cause you to have to log in with your master password every time the browser is opened even if the "Remember Password" option is enabled in the LastPass extension login screen.

RachelO is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudos!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
LogMeIn Contributor

Hello,

Could you check your browser's settings to make sure cookies and saved website data aren't being cleared upon closing out of your browser session? If your browser is set to never remember cookies, or to clear all of your cookies and website data upon closing this could cause you to have to log in with your master password every time the browser is opened even if the "Remember Password" option is enabled in the LastPass extension login screen.

RachelO is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudos!

View solution in original post

Highlighted
New Contributor

Thank you so much for the reply Rachel. Here's what I did at the behest of Lastpass. I went into the Settings on Edge, went to the Privacy and clicked on the "Choose what to clear every time you close the browser" and noticed the "Cookies and other data" was cranked to On. 

I shut that off and now all is well. Again, thank you for coming in on this!