cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New Contributor

Re: Left Ctrl+F in browsers stops working after logging into LastPass for Windows app

My partner opened a support case last Thursday regarding this matter.  She received instructions on Friday to uninstall the last pass app and to "use the appropriate link for your device below then these the issue".  The link provided for both 32 and 64 bit is https://lastpass.com/download/cdn/lastappinstall.exe which leads you to a 404 message.

Is it really a surprise at this point when the LastPass support team provides broken links to supposedly fix the problem?  I guess in a way their advice fixed the problem now that the LastPass app is no longer installed on my machine.  Hopefully they don't break the browser extension next.

Highlighted
New Contributor

Re: Left Ctrl+F in browsers stops working after logging into LastPass for Windows app

Let me add that I'm having the exact same issue.

https://download.cloud.lastpass.com/windows_installer/LastPassInstaller.exe
This one goes to the latest for Windows, I just tried installing it and still have the same issue.

Left Ctrl + D or F does not work.

Highlighted
New Contributor

One of the most frustrating parts of this whole thing is, is that when you restart your PC this problem doesn't occur immediately. However when it does finally occur, restarting the APP does nothing.

best guess is that the APP isn't returning the window's level WinProc back to the system when a WM_KEYDOWN / WM_SYSKEYDOWN and WM_KEYUP WM_SYSKEYUP event is triggered when these keys are used.

RIP Left Ctrl + F / D

Highlighted
New Contributor

I'm having the same issue.

Highlighted
New Contributor

Just got an update through the Microsoft Store and this issue is FINALLY FIXED!

Highlighted
New Contributor

HA! Nevermind...still broken

Highlighted
New Contributor

Any changes on this yet?

It turns off Left Ctrl+D which is used a ton on Adobe Apps. 

Highlighted
LogMeIn Manager

Hi,

We will update this thread once we have news on the progress of the ticket.

Glenn is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
Highlighted
New Contributor

I nearly bought a new keyboard because of this.

I need LastPass at work because of the zillions of passwords I need to have and that need to be a mishmash of letters, numbers, and symbols. But I literally need Ctrl+F and Ctrl+D to do my job.

Killing the Windows version of the application brought them back and I have the browser version in Chrome and Edge, but I really need it outside of browser environments for remembering WiFi passwords and such, so if you can find a fix, I would appreciate it.

Highlighted
New Contributor

Truly inept software support. They need to (1) remove it entirely or (2) have it as an option.