cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
New Contributor

Logging into LastPass Firefox extension results in An unknown error occurred

Mike,

I have been struggling with the same issue. I am running the latest version  of FireFox v80.0.1, and when I left click the icon for the LastPass extension, I receive a "larger than normal" login window in the upper right corner of the screen.  After entering my login credentials, I receive "An unknown error occurred" message. The same message appears with valid or invalid login entries (I was concerned that this might have been malware grabbing my login password, so I changed it several times after each attempt). I run several machines with Windows 10 and LastPass, and this error occurs on several of the machines, but not all of them, and seems to be hit or miss. I am able to login by going to the LastPass web page. I am surprised LastPass hasn't addressed this issue yet, and will be following this thread hoping for a solution. Thanks for your post.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
LogMeIn Manager

Re: Logging into LastPass Firefox extension results in An unknown error occurred

Hi,

After some shenanigans with the download link, v4.57.2 for Firefox can now be downloaded

To ensure there are no other issues with the "Never Remember History" setting, please make sure that LastPass is enabled for private tabs.

Glenn is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!

View solution in original post

83 REPLIES 83
Highlighted
LogMeIn Manager

Re: Logging into LastPass Firefox extension results in An unknown error occurred

Hi @tektune 

Your issue sounds different from the thread you commented on so I have split it out in to a new post. Can you provide some more details about how you have Firefox configured on your computers? 

Glenn is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
Highlighted
New Contributor

I am having the same issue. The issue began after recent update. I think Tektune explained it very well.

When logging into the extension on firefox in the upper right, rather than the previous drop down box to log in, it now opens a new browser tab prompting you for a log in rather then at the lastpass extension at the top right. When you enter your credentials, it will NOT attempt to authenticate you, it will only produce a message at the bottom stating "An unknown error has occurred".

The extension is not working with the browser after updates. Whether this is the recent Lastpass update or Firefox, I cannot say. I will state the I only run my firefox in private mode which I had no issues with until recently.

Highlighted
New Contributor

@tektune - I tried a reinstall of both with no success, but I did find a work around until they get the extension working again. After attempting to login from the extension and fail, close the failed attempt tab it opened, open a new tab and go to lastpass.com. Log in manually from there and the extension will sync with it.

Highlighted
Active Contributor

Yes. I've discovered the same thing.

Mike.

Highlighted
New Contributor

I have the same problem. It works fine on Vivaldi but I would rather use Firefox. I am running Ubuntu 20.04 with the latest version of firefox. I have some addons such as decentraleyes, disconnect, no-script suite lite, privacy badger, and cookie autodelete that might get in the way but if that is the case, I'd rather stop using lastpass then all of those addons that prevent websites from taking my personal data.

/Eric

Highlighted
Active Contributor

Same here with Firefox 80.0.1.

Sometimes the "old" login screen pops up: normal.png

And sometimes this strange "new" login screen pops up: strange.png

All login attempts result in an "unknown error".

Clearing browser data or re-installing the add-on does not help.

The Chrome extension shows a login screen similar to the "new" one and works as intended.

Highlighted
New Contributor

They are working for me very well, Thanks for the detailed report.

Highlighted
Active Contributor

This has gotten much worse in recent days. In addition to the two randomized variants of the login overlay, I've been getting a random selection from four different login experiences. I never know what I'm going to get the next time I click on the LastPass extension button:

* The original as depicted ealier in this thread.

* The larger one with the newer design depicted earlier in this thread.

* A full screen variant of that new design.

* A full screen variant with a stock photo of a user in front of their computer

In addition to jumping between these flows at random , the new ones all misbehave in a variety of ways, too.  If the full screen mode was picked at random, and it's the only tab I happen to have open? Logging in closes the entire browser. At least one of these results in a glitchy presentation within the Vault right after login, like it's trying to show an overlay that's not quite visible mixed in with the Vault UI.

This isn't just annoying. Every time the login changes, I have reason to believe that I'm being actively phished. This is a company-destroying mistake.

Highlighted
Active Contributor

Using latest Firefox and also having login problem.

This started two days ago with the last update (Password Manager 4.56.1.3)

The login does not reconize my password, I then have to go to one time password login and

I might let you know I have no One Time Password, but my email address is reconized and I am able to