cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Active Contributor

Re: Logging into LastPass Firefox extension results in An unknown error occurred

What version of LastPass are you using?
Highlighted
New Contributor

Re: Logging into LastPass Firefox extension results in An unknown error occurred

tektune describes the problem I'm having perfectly. Was able to get in by browsing to lastpass.com and logging in there, on the web page. Extension login completely broken. Am getting the same error on browser Extension. Running Firefox 80.0.1 and latest LastPass (have removed and deleted it several times today).

Version 4.56.1.3
Last Updated September 18, 2020
Highlighted
New Contributor

This version also has a problem with Duo Security's multifactor authentication, since when it requests the key from the key list that is sent by SMS, it does not indicate which position.

I opened a thread with this:

https://community.logmein.com/t5/Support-Discussions/Firefox-Extension-4-56-1-3-and-DUO-Security/td-...

Highlighted
Active Contributor

I am also experiencing the Firefox login problem.  I use Firefox every day and I use LastPass every day.  I always use private browsing mode and do not allow firefox to remember any credentials.  I also use LastPass Authenticator.

In my experience, every day I have to authenticate with LastPass through a webpage when I click the extension icon.  I've never received the pop-up login box in Firefox.  Today I received the new unfamiliar pop-up log box.  This is problematic on its own because I don't know if it's a malicious extension trying to phish my master password.  The fact that we can randomly get two different login boxes is worse.  Ideally every time the LastPass extension is auto-updated, it would alert the user to any changes to the master password authentication process so we can maintain confidence in the application.  This should never randomly change.

That said.  The new login box always returns "unknown error".  I had to go to lastpass.com manually to authenticate.

Highlighted
New Contributor

Me too. It's clearly not an isolated problem.

Right now, when I open my vault, I have the offending box "behind" the items in my vault.

I'm not sure how to find the version of Lastpass I'm using (although there's no reason why it should be out of date). I go to More Options -> Help, but here's nothing usful there.

Also - can I attach a screen shot to a post?

Highlighted
New Contributor

Same problem here. It started last Friday. I installed  Google Chrome and Edge, and in Google Chrome only I can login. Very frustrating.

Highlighted
New Contributor

I have the same problem. I am running the latest version of FireFox v80.0.1.

The login does not reconize my password.

Highlighted
New Contributor

I can no longer login to LastPass using Firefox v55.0b2 (64-bit) Developer Edition and LastPass v4.51.0.1. It has been working fine for several months and the problems started a few days days ago w/o installing any new extensions. I get a new login screen and an error when I try to login:

b52490a194ec4e541f47bb36fac6e4be

(I removed my E-mail address from the image).
The E-mail address is also not saved, even though checked.
I also tried to upgrade to the latest version of LP
(v4.56.1.3) but it made no difference.

p.s. It still works fine for me in the latest version of Firefox (v80.0.1 -64-bit) and LP (v4.56.1.3) and in Chrome.

Highlighted
New Contributor

exactly the same error/dialog as above.

but only for LastPass on Firefox/Win10

FAIL  LastPass 4.56.1.3 + Firefox/Win10 v80.0.1/20200904083306
OK    LastPass 4.56.0.1 + Firefox/Linux v80.0.1/20200831163820
OK    LastPass 4.56.1   + Chrome/Win10  v85.0.4183.102
OK    LastPass 4.56.1   + Chrome/Linux  v85.0.4183.102
Highlighted
Active Contributor

I've noticed no one from LastPass has replied.

Do they monitor this thread?  If they don't, are we talking to the wind?

I've been using LP for years, and really loved it. but if they don't fix this FAST, I'm going to a password manager that works. Or at least one that we can contact and will fix a major bug