cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
New Contributor

Re: Logging into LastPass Firefox extension results in An unknown error occurred

I feel the same. I'm furious right now.  I was on holidays and took my laptop with me.  I couldn't  use Lastpass with Firefox, but at least I could use it on my laptop with Chrome. Today I came home and here I can't use Lastpass on my desktop, not even with Chrome. So I'm constantly going from one system to the other to find my passwords. I'm very angry. I've a case number, but if they haven't fixed this within two days I'm definitely gone. It's not the first time Lastpass isn't working with Firefox. 

Highlighted
Active Contributor

Re: Logging into LastPass Firefox extension results in An unknown error occurred

The work-around I've been using with Firefox is to go to the LastPass website manually and click the login link at the top right.  Once I authenticate with the website, the extension works for that browsing session.

I cannot authenticate with the extension regardless of which login dialog it presents.

Highlighted
LogMeIn Manager

Hi,

Two other customers that were seeing this issue in Firefox confirmed that it was resolved by disabling Privacy Badger. If you use Privacy Badger please disable it and try signing into LastPass again.

If you do not use Privacy Badger please try disabling all other extensions in Firefox except LastPass as a test.

Glenn is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
Highlighted
Active Contributor

That does not resolve this issue for me.  I normally run the following extensions, which have all worked with LastPass all year.

• Privacy Badger
  • Ghostery
  • Duck Duck Go Privacy Essentials
  • NoScript
  • Firefox Multi-Account Containers

I've disabled just Privacy Badger and restarted my browser.  LastPass gets the same error.
I've disabled all extensions except LastPass and restarted my browser. LastPass gets the same error.

all_extensions_disabled.PNG

Highlighted
New Contributor

I haven't got a privacy badger.

An answer came from last pass. Although I refered to this discussion they say the following:

Your reported case appears to be a local issue (relating to your device or set up) - I could not reproduce any issues while using LastPass on Firefox.

In this case, you may have to reset your browser and reinstall LastPass.

1. Uninstall LastPass - https://support.logmeininc.com/lastpass/help/uninstall-lastpass-lp010011
2. Reset Firefox - https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/refresh-firefox-reset-add-ons-and-settings
3. Restart Firefox 
4. Reinstall LastPass - https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/lastpass-password-manager/

Let me know if you need help. 

I'm gonna try this, but I have to find the refresh button. The link send me to a page on which a button is, but it doesn't work. I continue to try, but in the mean time it may help somebody else.

Highlighted
Active Contributor

Disabling all other Firefox extensions (including AdBlocker) and restarting Firefox does not resolve the issue.

I could have posted this earlier, but I forgot my login credentials for the LogMeIn Community 😉

Highlighted
Active Contributor

Uninstalling LastPass, resetting Firefox and re-installing LastPass brings back the "old" login screen:

Bildschirmfoto 2020-09-21 um 17.11.00.png

And the login is working here - as it used to be.

For anyone having trouble to reset firefox:

Go to

https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/refresh-firefox-reset-add-ons-and-settings

and click on the link named "Refresh Firefox" in the text section numbered with "1."

Do NOT try to click on the gray button "Refresh Firefox" below - that is just an illustration of the popup that opens up after clicking the link.

Highlighted
New Contributor

Well, that may help in the US version of Firefox, but I'm Dutch and have a Dutch version. I can click on the refresh button till hell freezes over, but nothing happens. Do you think it would help to uninstall Firefox completely?

Highlighted
Active Contributor

Hi Framaria,

don't worry about the language version - mine is German.

Just go to

https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/refresh-firefox-reset-add-ons-and-settings

and click here:

Bildschirmfoto 2020-09-21 um 17.20.14.png

After that, a popup opens up (yours should be Dutch) where you find the following buttons:

Bildschirmfoto 2020-09-21 um 17.20.24.png

Hope that helps. Nice drawings, hmm?

Highlighted
New Contributor

> Your reported case appears to be a local issue (relating to your device or set up) - I could not reproduce any issues while using LastPass on Firefox.

Well, at least they're consistent.

So, dozens of ppl report a _sudden_ onset of this behavior, and it's a "local issue"?

> In this case, you may have to reset your browser and reinstall LastPass.

gr8. the Microsoft "reinstall Windows" school of support!

deinstall/reinstall makes NO difference.

> Two other customers that were seeing this issue in Firefox confirmed that it was resolved by disabling Privacy Badger. If you use Privacy Badger please disable it and try signing into LastPass again.
> If you do not use Privacy Badger please try disabling all other extensions in Firefox except LastPass as a test.

Let's be _clearer_

FAIL  LastPass 4.56.1.3 clean install Firefox/Win10 v80.0.1/20200904083306            + NO OTHER EXTENSIONS
FAIL  LastPass 4.56.1.3, REFRESHED/REINSTALLED + Firefox/Win10 v80.0.1/20200904083306 + NO OTHER EXTENSIONS
OK    LastPass 4.56.1.3 + Firefox/Linux v80.0.1/20200831163820 + NO OTHER EXTENSIONS
OK    LastPass 4.56.1.3 + Firefox/Linux v80.0.1/20200831163820 + ANY/ALL USUAL EXTENSIONS, INCLUDING PRIVACY BADGER
OK    LastPass 4.56.0.1 + Firefox/Linux v80.0.1/20200831163820 + NO OTHER EXTENSIONS
OK    LastPass 4.56.0.1 + Firefox/Linux v80.0.1/20200831163820 + ANY/ALL USUAL EXTENSIONS, INCLUDING PRIVACY BADGER
OK    LastPass 4.56.1   + Chrome/Win10  v85.0.4183.102         + NO OTHER EXTENSIONS
OK    LastPass 4.56.1   + Chrome/Win10  v85.0.4183.102         + ANY/ALL USUAL EXTENSIONS, INCLUDING PRIVACY BADGER
OK    LastPass 4.56.1   + Chrome/Linux  v85.0.4183.102         + NO OTHER EXTENSIONS
OK    LastPass 4.56.1   + Chrome/Linux  v85.0.4183.102         + ANY/ALL USUAL EXTENSIONS, INCLUDING PRIVACY BADGER

'raise one hand' if this is *costing* your business productivity & support costs.
'raise two hands' if this is *costing* your business more than what you pay for LP, this ain't the 1st time, & you're wondering about the wisdom of doing business with this company.