cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Active Contributor

Re: Logging into LastPass Firefox extension results in An unknown error occurred

So the "Reset Firefox" works, but I wanted to dig deeper, because I can also break it again.

If I do a reset, and reinstall lastpass, the login dialog works.  However:

If I set my Firefox "Privacy and Security" settings to "Never remember history", the login does NOT work.

If I change it back to "Remember History", it works again.  And if I change it again to "Never Remember History" it doesn't work.  So there appears to be a strong correlation to that setting, which I normally have on.

firefox_history.PNG

Highlighted
LogMeIn Manager

Re: Logging into LastPass Firefox extension results in An unknown error occurred

Thank you for the information and testing daten, this helps.

Glenn is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
Highlighted
Active Contributor

Confirmation and addition:

- Setting Firefox history settings to "Remember history" brings up the "old", smaller login screen -> login works

- Setting Firefox history settings to "Never remember history" brings up the "new", wider login screen -> error message

So the workaround for the moment is to open the Firefox privacy settings via

about:preferences#privacy

and set the history settings to "Remember history".

Resetting Firefox (as mentioned above) probably works because the history settings are reset to "Remember history" too.

Highlighted
LogMeIn Manager

Thank you pgerundt, I have been able to recreate the error on a test account using your settings with only the LastPass extension enabled in a Private Tab. You and daten really helped here.

The new login window that is being rolled out to accounts lets you choose which multi-factor authentication option to login with if you have multiple enabled. Since the roll out of this new login is not yet complete, the system does not know if your account has it enabled yet until you sign-in, then it stores a cookie in the browser so you get it automatically the next time. 

We are trying to identify why clearing your history results in a error with the new login window. I personally use Chrome more than Firefox so I am not sure if this is possible, but perhaps you can set it to clear everything except the LastPass related history and cookies?

Highlighted
New Contributor

Well, it still doesn't work for me, not in Firefox and not in Chrome. I'm in the middle of writing my thesis and I could cry for all this work I have to do on LastPass at the moment.

I did find the refresh button. It's under "help" > problem solving information and then I can go to refresh.

I did everything that I was told to do, but without any result.  The only extension I have at the moment is LastPass. Changing the history  settings  didn't help either.  😰

Highlighted
LogMeIn Manager

Hi Framaria,

This tread has been specific to Firefox users, please provide more details about what you are experiencing and how you have Firefox and Chrome configured. Are you seeing the same Unexpected Error message signing in on Chrome or are you just having trouble signing into your account?

Highlighted
New Contributor

I know this thread is for Firefox users  Glenn, and I am one of them. My problem is that whatever I change what helps other people, it doesn't work for me. Even when I try to log in on the website of Lastpass I get this:

aanmeldscherm op website.JPG

I cleaned my whole system with Ccleaner, I uninstalled Chrome on my desktop, and my history settings are "Remember history"  (see below - it's in Dutch), but still I don't get another screen then the one that doesn't accept my password.

Remember history.JPG

Highlighted
New Contributor

Damm even I am having a similar kind of issue, I have searched all over the internet and even have posted on number of threads on different forum, no solution seems to work. I am really frustrated, can anyone of you here help me resolve this issue, I am very much tired now. mobdro app tubemate

Highlighted
LogMeIn Manager

Hi rajubhaiya,

When you try to sign in are you getting "An unknown error occurred" or is something else happening? Please describe exactly what is happening.

Highlighted
New Contributor

firefox extention - cannot log in

Hello.

I have a problem with logging in via lastpass firefox (80.0.1) extension since new login entry form was introduced. There is orange line at the bottom saying: An unknown error occurred - Dismiss.

I tried to delite and install add on again, but the problem remains.

I have no problem in Chrome.

pls help, Matej