cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
New Contributor

Re: Logging into LastPass Firefox extension results in An unknown error occurred

For everyone who can't log into LP using Firefox...

go to https://www.lastpass.com and log in there.

If your extension is installed and present, it should turn red and work OK from there.

This is an annoying work-around. I work in a secure environment and Never Remember History is not something optional. I too lost several hours until I found the work-around.

I did take the time to dump my lastpass passwords to an encrypted device. That was ridiculous. LP shows a CSV (comma separated variable) format, OK fine... but when saved, the data is hidden in a bunch of html, css and js files. Way to go LP! How about, you know. saving the CSV file in .csv format?????

Highlighted
New Contributor

Re: Logging into LastPass Firefox extension results in An unknown error occurred

Hi.

I had the same problem (no connexion) after an update of Firefox, and it worked again just after I disabled the Firefox addon "OneTab"... a few times ...

But now, still blocked.

Then I re-enabled the history in Firefox : IT WORKS !

I wonder how, after so many posts on this forum about this problem, nobody from Lastpass could give this solution.

Highlighted
New Contributor

Just for some more information on this matter.

I get a dialogue box asking for me to accept permissions and that is not what used to happen.

Usually if I click on the accept permissions dialogue box it then plays up and I have to go to the website to log in.

Old behavior was to right click on the icon and the log in box would appear.

I have set up my browser to forget history on exit - as has been mentioned in another post - this appears to contribute to the problem.

Hope this helps the techs figure out how to fix the "new and improved" version.

Highlighted
New Contributor

I tried everything but nothing works for me. I now installed LastPass on my Samsung Galaxy in the secure folder. At least I have access to my passwords now. 😤

Highlighted
Active Contributor

Hi Framaria,

have you tried to login to the LastPass website with your master password on

https://lastpass.com/?ac=1&lpnorefresh=1

with the browser where the LP extension is installed?

The extension icon should turn red after login and you should be able to access your password vault.

Does that help?

Highlighted
New Contributor

.... or just enable the history in Firefox.

Highlighted
New Contributor

This is what I see when I follow your link:

Aanmeldscherm als geadviseerd.JPG

The LP extension is installed in Firefox after I refreshed it as I was told to do.  It's so strange...

But reading everything that people mail, I also find that there are different solutions for different people. I try them all. Unfortunately without any results up till now.

Highlighted
Active Contributor

Could you login with your email address and password on the website? Did the LastPass extension turn red (active) afterwards? Could you access your password vault by clicking on the red extension icon?
Highlighted
New Contributor

No, I just get these three dancing dots and then nothing. Not even a message about an error. And again I refreshed Firefox and installed LastPass as the only extension. Without any results.

Highlighted
Active Contributor

Ok, this is weird.
If you cannot login to the LastPass website using the login form, it's probably a Firefox issue.
I would recommend to clear all website data, cookies and cache by clicking on the "Clear data..." button on
about:preferences#privacy
in the Firefox settings.

See the manual here:
https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/how-clear-firefox-cache

Hope that helps...