cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Active Contributor

Re: Logging into LastPass Firefox extension results in An unknown error occurred

RachelO, you indicated v4.57.1 was to be released about 9/24/2020.

do you have a better timetable for it to be released?

thx

Highlighted
Active Contributor

Re: Logging into LastPass Firefox extension results in An unknown error occurred

I removed the LP extension from FF. uninstalled LP. restarted. checked to verify LP was no longer on my system.

downloaded 4.57.2 and installed from the LP site.

The newly downloaded and installed version behaved exactly the way the old version did - WRONG

Checked the version number in LP.  I downloaded 4.57.2, but the version installed is 4.56.0.

Good job LP! your download page is pointing to an old version!

If you have the new version available, please get your system to download the current version.  If not, please indicate that the version available to download is the old version

Highlighted
New Contributor

I did the same thing last week, still have 4.56.13...... and it's still bad. I have to skip the extension login and go directly to Lastpass.com to login without error.
Highlighted
New Contributor

Well, I can't login through the website either. I'm done. I'm testing Keeper right now. It's working smooth.

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

djmjlang91877:

The browser will eventually download the latest version, or you can go to about:addons and manually force an update.

Highlighted
Active Contributor

Firefox add-on version 4.57.2.5 (for Mac) works with enabled and disabled Firefox history now.

Highlighted
Active Contributor

I finally got the extension to update, but the issue is still present. Every time I click the Firefox extension, the email and password fields are blank. After completing my second factor, the icon just stays gray.  I can log into the Firefox extension through Google Chrome or the web portal, but I cannot log into the extension directly.

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Highlighted
Active Contributor

I initially thought the same thing, but if that were the case, I would be experiencing the same problem in Firefox when logging in through the web portal.

FF_settings.png

FF_cookies.png

Highlighted
LogMeIn Manager

Hi,

After some shenanigans with the download link, v4.57.2 for Firefox can now be downloaded

To ensure there are no other issues with the "Never Remember History" setting, please make sure that LastPass is enabled for private tabs.

Glenn is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!

View solution in original post