cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Active Contributor

Re: Logging into LastPass Firefox extension results in An unknown error occurred

I can now log-in using this
LastPass update to 4.57.2.5
Highlighted
New Contributor

Re: Logging into LastPass Firefox extension results in An unknown error occurred

I don't quite understand why this is set to solved. I've experienced the exact same problem as all the previous posters in this thread, and for me this is far from solved. The only work-around I have is going directly to lastpass.com andlogging in there, but after removing and re-downloading the LP extension (Version 4.57.2.5) for Firefox (v 81.0) in Windows 10, I still get exactly the same issue. Has anyone fixed this? I have paid for LastPass Premium for a couple of years but am seriously considering switching. Feels too unsecure and dodgy.

(Unrelated, BUT:  LastPass also doesn't automatically recognize and save new passwords in my browser OR fill in my apps on my Android phone so I'm kinda done...)

Highlighted
New Contributor

Snarp, do you use two-factor authentication? I had so much problems and nobody found a solution for me. I decided for that reason to change to another password manager. Because it didn't matter anymore, I disabled two factor authentication in LastPass. Suddenly I could log in without a problem. Sesame isn't working anymore. I got a message a few months before the problem started and asked about it in the forum.

Sesame authentication.jpg

I got no answer however and when I clicked on OK on the message, everything worked. So I didn't think this could be a problem, all the more because the date in the message was 09/30. Now I know this  was  the reason  why I couldn't log in. They lost me as a customer  for no reason at all. In the end communication from the LastPass team is the main problem here. 

Highlighted
New Contributor

Thanks Framaria! Fellow Dutchie here. Nope, don't use 2FA. You've moved on from LastPass in the mean time, I understand? What do you now use instead?

Btw - the problem with the LP extension in Firefox exists in Linux Mint as well as in Windows - adding lastpass.com as an exception for saving Cookies didn't do anything. Re History settings: my FF is set to "Always use private browsing mode" as any normal privacy-abiding citizen would. In any case, no reason for LP to not allow their extension work.

What really beats me is that this is a LastPass forum, right? How come nobody's provided a reasonable explanation or solution? I think Framaria's right on the money that this is a tech problem, compounded by a communication problem. Ugh. Time to move on.

Highlighted
New Contributor

Hi Snarp,

I use Keeper now. It took me some time to transfer all passwords to Keeper. There is a possibility to export passwords from LastPass via a csv file, but Keeper does not read all passwords from that file. For that reason, I had to get LastPass to work again, if only for once, so I could keep them next to each other to transfer the remainder manually. That was the moment I decided to disconnect the two factor authentication.

Keeper works like a charm with a Yubikey for two-factor authentication. The support is almost the same as with LastPass. Create a ticket and then ask questions, but sometimes it is just like LastPass: teach the teacher. I was without a password manager for more than ten days and it drove me crazy. I am very happy now with my new password manager. Good luck to you to find a way to log in again. 😉

Highlighted
New Contributor

what I found out is, that because SESAME (two factor authentification has been ended, it is not possible to log in anymore.

Highlighted
New Contributor

@GlennD,

I upgraded to LastPass v.4.57.2.5 but I can still not Log in using Firefox v55.0b2 (64-bit) Developer Edition. (I need to use this version of Firefox).
I have checked "Remember my browsing and download history".

Note that I had been using Firefox v55.0b2 (64-bit) Developer Edition and LastPass v4.51.0.1, and it had been working fine for several months. The problems started about 3 weeks ago w/o installing any new extensions. I got a new login screen and got the error when I tried to login.

Highlighted
New Contributor

I think it's safe to say that LastPass has just really crappy (to the point of non-existent) customer support. I've had a ticket open for 10 days now and have sent them multiple reminders, and no answer yet...

Also, this issue remains unsolved (even though someone set it as Solved) - I simply do no want to Remember History in my Firefox settings, it wasn't a problem before, it is a problem now... this is a LP extension problem. If I hadn't just paid for Premium (which has almost quadrupled in price over the past few years) I would have left already. So disappointing.

Highlighted
LogMeIn Manager

Hi,

This issue was resolved with an update to Firefox extension, if you have not been automatically updated to v4.58.0 you can manually check for updates in Firefox by going to Add-ons in the menu.

Glenn is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
Highlighted
New Contributor

@GlennD- My point is that this is still not resolved! At least not on my end, Firefox is updated to the latest version on Linux Mint and Windows 10. LastPass extension is v4.58.0. Still the same login window that always gives the same error. Any help?