cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Active Contributor

NOT SOLVED LastPass Firefox extension icon is orange and displays a safe, doesn't finish loading

Hi,

Lately the Lastpass extension icon is colored orange, and if I click on it, it displays a safe deposit box drawing, instead of the search box for things in my vault.

Normally, this icon is black when not logged in, and red when logged in.
Now, it is all the time orange, and it does not fill in passwords in sites anymore.

What to do to correct this ?
My browser is Firefox 84.0

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
LogMeIn Contributor

Re: firefox extension is orange and displays a safe deposit box

Hello,

I am marking this as the solution so everyone can see the instructions on how to provide bug reports for our developers to help resolve this issue as soon as possible.

Our developers are aware of this issue and hope to have a resolution soon. So that our team can gather more information to hopefully resolve this issue as soon as possible, could you create a bug report following the steps outlined on this page? https://support.logmeininc.com/lastpass/help/how-do-i-report-a-bug-to-lastpass​​​​​​​

Once your bug report ticket is created, if you could provide logs from the browser as well this would be valuable in helping our team to identify, reproduce, and resolve this issue. Here's how to generate LastPass logs: https://lastpass.com/debug.php

Once I have more news or an update I will update this thread as well.

RachelO is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudos!

View solution in original post

46 REPLIES 46
LogMeIn Contributor

Can you share some images of what you are seeing?

Active Contributor

Same. Last pass extension icon yellow. Clicking on it opens empty box containing safe icon with animated wheel. It means Firefox can't sync with LastPass servers.

Frequent issues that 1) cookies 2) Firefox restart 3) reboot does not fix.

I refuse to believe you have no idea what this is.

Active Contributor

In my experience it means Last Pass received the correct password but cannot confirm your login with their servers. Could be their server are overwhelmed or Firefox isn't resolving the connection correctly or you have a momentary connection issue.

I'm having the same problem. The issue didn't clear up with a Firefox update and my connection is good.

It's looking like a server issue on their end.

Active Contributor

Here is a screenshot, you see the orange icon, but when I touch the mouse or keyboard, the picture of the safe deposit box dissapears, so I made a little drawing myself (I am not a drawing artist)

When I close firefox and immediately launch it again things go back to normal, the icon gets red and I can use it normally to fill in passwords.

I autostart Firefox when I switch on the laptop, and firefox comes up just before wifi is active.
It looks like the extension only tries one time to log in to Lastpass, when the browser starts.

So a solution would be to make the extension retry when you click on it.

Did something change recently ? because in the past I never had this behaviour.ksnip_20201220-090858.png

Active Contributor

You did a great job. That's it exactly. And the safe wheel turns back and forth...forever.

LogMeIn Contributor

Hello,

I am marking this as the solution so everyone can see the instructions on how to provide bug reports for our developers to help resolve this issue as soon as possible.

Our developers are aware of this issue and hope to have a resolution soon. So that our team can gather more information to hopefully resolve this issue as soon as possible, could you create a bug report following the steps outlined on this page? https://support.logmeininc.com/lastpass/help/how-do-i-report-a-bug-to-lastpass​​​​​​​

Once your bug report ticket is created, if you could provide logs from the browser as well this would be valuable in helping our team to identify, reproduce, and resolve this issue. Here's how to generate LastPass logs: https://lastpass.com/debug.php

Once I have more news or an update I will update this thread as well.

RachelO is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudos!

View solution in original post

Active Contributor

Thanks for the suggestion, I opened a support case.

New Contributor

Re: LastPass Firefox extension icon is orange and displays a safe, doesn't finish loading

I'm encountering the exact same issue in Firefox 84.0 (64-bit linux). Seems to have started a couple weeks ago. At the moment I can view the passwords on my iPhone and manually type them into the login pages on Firefox on my workstation, but would be nice to have the LastPass add-on functional again. I can open up an additional support ticket if that is helpful....

Active Contributor

Re: LastPass Firefox extension icon is orange and displays a safe, doesn't finish loading

Yes, please do, it might put this bug a bit higher on their priority list, if more people report it.