cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
New Contributor

Passwords Imported into Secure Notes

Hello! I recently imported my passwords from KeePass (version 2.40) to LastPass. 70 out of 299 were imported as "secure notes" for some reason, and not as "passwords". Any idea why this happened? Each secure note contains the username and password for its respective website, but since it's a "note" and not a "password", I can't use LastPass to autofill the login info on those sites.

So, why did 229 imported correctly as passwords yet 70 imported as secure notes, and is there an easy way to move this info from secure notes to passwords? Or do I have to do it manually?

Thanks!

Chris

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
LogMeIn Contributor

Re: Passwords Imported into Secure Notes

Hi @CS2,

Could you try to first delete all of the entries from your Vault, uninstall the LastPass extension, and then re-install the LastPass extension from the downloads page here and make sure the binary component is installed as well, and then retry the import from KeePass?

To install the binary component, once the extension is installed click the active LastPass icon in your web browser toolbar. Go to Account Options (or click on your email at the bottom of the menu, depending on your view) > About LastPass.

• In the Binary Component section, one of the following will be listed:
    True = installed
    False = not installed, click Enable Native Messaging to install it.

Once installed, you will need to restart your web browser in order for changes to take effect.

Note: You can also install the binary component by using the LastPass Universal Installer for all supported web browsers.

RachelO is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudos!
Highlighted
New Contributor

Thanks for your response RachelO!

Is this a known problem, and is that the known fix for it? Or is your suggested solution just something to try? I ask because before I realized that many of my passwords were imported as notes, I manually added in a bunch of new passwords to my vault. If I were to delete everything from my vault, and then follow your steps and re-import from KeePass, I'm going to lose all of the new/recently-added items. I see there is a column to sort by recently-used items, but not recently-added items. If there were a column to sort by recently-added items, it would be a little easier for me to make note of those and then apply your solution. Either way, it's going to be some manual labor on my end, and I'm trying to limit that as much as possible.

Is there any way that in future updatesthis binary component can already be installed/enabled along with the extension in order to prevent this from happening to future users?

Thanks!

CS2

Highlighted
LogMeIn Contributor

Hello,

While this isn't a known issue that our team has encountered, the steps provided would be the suggested process to try and resolve the import issue. You can always export your Vault as it is right now, then erase all the entries and try the import again. That way if the import doesn't work as expected you can erase the entries again and import your previous export to restore your vault to how it was before. 

Please also note it is recommended to make sure the binary component is installed/enabled before exporting your vault as well.

RachelO is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudos!