cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
LogMeIn Manager

Re: Problems w Android app: Master password reset & biometrics

Hi @AllieB 

I've reviewed your account and it looks like you are signing in again successfully now, this support article details all of the account recovery options that can be set up should you ever need to recover your account in the future: How do I set up all account recovery options for LastPass? 

Glenn is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
Highlighted
New Contributor

Hi,

I have exactly the same problem . Normally I log in using my fingerprint on my Android phone but now it requires the master password which I cannot remember. Auto recovery does not work as it says it is not configured for that email address.  I use LastPass only on my phone.  How do I get out of this?  

Many thanks,

GG2020

Highlighted
New Contributor

Launch the LastPass App

I logged out of the Android app. When I open the app,  I don't see a "trouble logging in" link.

The Chrome extension has a "forgot password" link. I click "recover". The only option is SMS.

Since I have both LastPass & google auths enabled, I'd hoped to be offered the email option but no such luck.

This product is beyond confusing. The idea that the ROPT might not work is frightening.

Highlighted
LogMeIn Contributor

Hi @notcourage 

Could you try uninstalling the LastPass app on your Android, restarting the device, and reinstalling the app to see if you are then able to select the "Trouble Logging In?" option to reset your master password? 

Ref: https://support.logmeininc.com/lastpass/help/how-do-i-reset-my-master-password-using-mobile-account-...

RachelO is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudos!
New Contributor

Trouble Logging In? does prompt for my fingerprint.Thank you.

I wish it allowed the user to choose fingerprint or SMS/email. SMS is the option if using LP Authenticator while email is the option if using google Authenticator. I'm using both but SMS seems to be the only option. 

It is still frightening that the ROPT can be missing, corrupted, or whatnot.