cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
New Contributor

Problems w Android app: Master password reset & biometrics

Hi there, I just had to do a hard reset (i.e. a one-time password account recovery) because despite having access to my account via biometrics on the android app, it would not let me reset my master password. I got to a screen in account settings with a "Change master password" button, which would either not work at all, take me to a blank screen, or to a screen that said "set master password" but did not let me enter anything. Phone reboot etc. didn't help.

Now, the app will no longer let me login using biometrics (un-ticking and re-ticking the respective boxes in account settings, and even re-installing the app did not help).
24 REPLIES 24
Highlighted
New Contributor

Re: Problems w Android app: Master password reset & biometri

I was having the same issue. I uninstalled the App. Removed my trusted mobile devices from my vault using a desktop. Reinstalled the app on my phone and then logged in. It asked me to verify the phone. So I added it back to my trusted mobile devices, and then when I logged into the app on my phone it asked me if I wanted to use biometrics. Hope this helps
Highlighted
New Contributor

Re: Problems w Android app: Master password reset & biometri

I have the same problem with android app and trying to reset the Master password. If I uninstall the app and reinstall how would I log in?
Highlighted
Active Contributor

Re: Problems w Android app: Master password reset & biometrics

I don't know if you got a reply on this. I got the same issue and fixed it by putting the browser on "tab" mode. But that is not the end of my issues, as it then stupidly asks me for my old password.
Highlighted
LogMeIn Manager

To recover an account using biometrics in the Android you need to do the following:

• Launch the LastPass App
  • Tap on "Trouble Logging In?" which should appear right below the Log In button
  • Select Forgot Master Password
  • Select Recover Account
  • Select Recover with Biometrics

Glenn is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
Highlighted
Active Contributor

what do you do if you get the message,  account recovery is not set for this email?  This is the hardest app I've ever tried to figure out and it's so frustrating that I can't talk to someone

Highlighted
Active Contributor

Do you get this message in the android app and you can't log in because you've forgotten your password?
Highlighted
Active Contributor

Yes.  I usually use biometrics on my phone but for some reason it wasn't an option this time and I can't remember my password

I also have last pass on my tablet but I am unable to change the master password because the links don't work

Highlighted
Active Contributor

Not sure how you get out of that one unless on your tablet you can use a one time password? I have had that issue on my phone, I rebooted the phone and it just let me in using biometric when I tired again.
Highlighted
Active Contributor

Rebooting my phone didn't work and I'm afraid to log out of last pass on my tablet because I may never be able to get back in.

Thanks for trying to help me. I'm in my 70s in this tech stuff is very difficult and frustrating and they sure don't make it easy