cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
New Contributor

Re: STOP TRACKING MY IP AND LOCATION

You can use software like PureVPN and NordVPN has the option of specific IPs and are is quite affordable: https://www.vpnranks.com/cheap-vpn-service/ And once you connect that IP address and try to login to the account it will not be going to ask about the verification no matter what your actual location is.
Highlighted
New Contributor

The previously posted link about how to turn this off, viewtopic.php?f=6&t=315775, no longer contains anything about turning this off. I'm getting MANY VERIFICATION EMAILS EVERY DAY. My ISP very frequently changes my IP. If there is no way to turn this off, I am done with LastPass.

This is a serious issue for me.

Steve
Highlighted
New Contributor

"Lizzywa" wrote:
It seems this is occurring again. I tried to access LastPass on their extension in Firefox & it's a big NO unless I give them access permission to track visited URLs. Not gonna do that. Not happy about this recent development after using it for over a year.

This is all off-topic, but whatever...

Maybe, learn how browsers work? In order for Last Pass to give you matches for the site you are on...imagine this...they actually need to know what site you are on. OMG! What a tragedy! This is also a change Firefox made, to make you more aware of what an add-on has access to (NOT what they are actually using). Last Pass only uses your current site (so they can offer up relevant site suggestions). In order to see that, they have to get the "track visited URLs" (as you put it) permission. Complain to Firefox and suggest they use 2 permissions: one for current site only and the current perm for site history. Even then, an add-on with current site, could simply record EVERY current site and then they have your history over time. They won't implement it for that reason: it would be a misrepresentation of what's possible.

Track is the wrong word, too. Firefox's view point is to word things in the scariest way, since, technically, it's possible. In reality, they simply have access to it. What they do with it Firefox cannot control; so, they resort to the scary wording you saw. Last Pass needs access to that permission in order to operate as most users expect. You wouldn't like to have to manually search for a match everytime, would you? You wouldn't have auto-fill, either. Track implies they are actively recording, transmitting back to HQ, and running analytics on your URL history. I find this unlikely, given the origins of the add-on. As I said, they simply have access to it. I'm sure many people have verified this.

I find it amazing that you trust your passwords to them, but are worried that they might know you go to facebook.com 3000 times a day. Ridiculous.
Highlighted
New Contributor

So on this topic of tracking - Last Pass support gave a really terrible answer of why the LastPass android app was establishing and sending tracking data to facebook.com when connected to internet to edge-star-shv-01-any2.facebook.com across 443

Something along the lines of this:
- "At LastPass, the privacy and security of our users is a top priority and no sensitive personally identifiable user data or vault activity could be passed through our marketing trackers. These trackers are used for a limited purpose – to track how many people sign up to LastPass on their computer or download our mobile app through our marketing campaign initiatives."

- My response was - "I use last pass through the standalone app on my mobile – therefore I don’t expect it should not be sending & establishing connection requests to Facebook on any connection to the internet. Last Pass should know how many users have downloaded its app on Android and the authentication request should show the type of login origin in the login header and be able to identify the login user device and type. I find that an unacceptable answer(regarding facebook tracking).

What is the exact tracking data it sending to facebook? Ie can I request a opt out of sharing any of data and tracking with via Last Pass to third parties such as facebook as per GDPR?"

Can anyone here explain why the first thing last pass it does when it is connected to the internet is make a connection to facebook servers?