cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New Contributor

Security Dashboard won't update "Old" password

Okay, this is more serious than my previous post. I started updating the 362 passwords LP is telling me I need to update. So with the very first one, AAA, I let LP generate a new password, but for some reason LP didn't update itself. So I had to go to the AAA website, let LP generate a new password again--then I saw the one I had just updated it to, copied and pasted it into LP so it would be saved properly. That in itself is annoying that I would have to do that. LP should automatically update when it generates a new password.

But then I go back to the list of passwords I"m supposed to change, and it's still showing AAA as using an old password--still has the original one and not the one I have tried changing twice now.

Does anyone actually check and help with these messages? Someone had a similarly titled question but there was no answer. I'm going to try to get my money back if this is how things are going to go!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
LogMeIn Contributor

Re: LastPass not updating itself with new password

Hello,

This is a bug that our development team is currently working to resolve. We currently do not have an ETA for when this update will be released, and I will update this thread once I have more news to share.

RachelO is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudos!

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
Contributor

Go to this link and select and kill all your active sessions https://lastpass.com/sess.php then re-login and re-run the security challenge. 

LogMeIn Contributor

Hello,

This is a bug that our development team is currently working to resolve. We currently do not have an ETA for when this update will be released, and I will update this thread once I have more news to share.

View solution in original post

New Contributor

Any news? I was away yesterday but have been trying today and am having no luck.  It's quite frustrating and I'm wondering why in the world I signed up for Premium.

New Contributor

Re: Security Dashboard won't update "Old" password

Following

This is getting very annoying!  Saved password from one devise to another; it will not update the passwords... either way!  If this is a different issue, please direct me to the solution.

Thanks,

Scott

Windows 10

iPhone 14.1

Lastpass 4.8.9

LogMeIn Contributor

Hello @auto_group,

If you are experiencing an issue where your Vault data isn't syncing between devices this would be a different issue than the one in this thread, where the Security Dashboard isn't updating passwords classified as "Old" even though they have been updated recently. Our development team is currently investigating and hoping to resolve this as soon as possible and I will update this thread once I have more news.

If you're experiencing an issue where you Vault data isn't syncing between different devices, please follow the steps in this article to force a sync of your Vault data: https://support.logmeininc.com/lastpass/help/how-do-i-manually-sync-my-lastpass-account-data

New Contributor

Hello, I am just today noticing the issue where a password I updated today is still showing as "old" in the security dashboard tool. Do we have an ETR for this issue? Thank you. 

LogMeIn Contributor

Hello,

Our developers are continuing to work on resolving this issue, and while we don't have an ETA or updates to share yet I will update this thread as soon as I do have more news to share.

New Contributor

RachelO,

Is there an update or ETA on when this issue will be fixed?

RE:  where the Security Dashboard isn't updating passwords classified as "Old" even though they have been updated recently. Our development team is currently investigating and hoping to resolve this as soon as possible and I will update this thread once I have more news.

Thank you.

New Contributor

This is ridiculous! I just got a message that my question has been answered. "Congratulations! Your question has a solution!" There's no solution and I don't see where it was marked as a solution anywhere.

If it takes a company whose entire business is passwords over a month to fix a bug in updating passwords, that's  unacceptable. I cancelled my Premium membership within days of not getting a resolution--why do they think anyone would hang around for almost 2 months waiting for a resolution??? Time to move on and find another company that knows what they are doing.