cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Active Contributor

Seeing different login windows/designs?

I have never been prompted a different way to sign in, until recently. The first picture is how its always been since the beginning and the second picture is the larger and more recent prompt that pops up from time to time. These two pictures are generated when I click the LastPass icon in the top right of my screen.

20200904_095035.jpg20200904_095103.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
LogMeIn Contributor

Re: Should I be concerned ?

Hello again,

I've checked with our development team for clarification and the new login UI that is currently being rolled out to accounts lets you choose which multi-factor authentication option to login with if you have multiple enabled. Since the roll out of this new login is not yet complete, the system does not know if your account has it enabled yet until you sign-in, then it stores a cookie in the browser so you get it automatically the next time and this is why you may see the two different login UIs. We are hoping to have the changes rolled out to all users within the next couple weeks, so you will only see the new login UI soon.

View solution in original post

28 REPLIES 28
Highlighted
Active Contributor

Apologies, I missed the top portion. 

I don't think it is any concern, just some UI changes, but inspecting the element I don't see any fishy between the two. At least on my machine.

Highlighted
Contributor

The bottom image is from the web interface. There's an option to log in with a one time password, which you can't do with the extensions. The URL bar will most certainly show HTTPS as well.
Highlighted
Active Contributor

Thanks. These two prompts are generated when I click the LastPass icon in the top right hand side of my screen. It just seemed odd to me and wasnt sure if I should be alarmed in any way.

Highlighted
Contributor

LP is updating their login screen and what you are seeing is the new one. It hasn't been rolled out yet to all accounts. But the word is all accounts will eventually migrate to the new UI. 

Highlighted
Active Contributor

Your explanation sounds logical to me. However, not being computer savvy, Im confused as to why it would be switching back and forth at any given time, and not remaining the same. My biggest concern is security.

Thanks

Highlighted
LogMeIn Contributor

Hello, the reason you may be seeing the login UI switching to the older design or back can be caused by a couple different scenarios. If your browser clears cookies or if you've cleared your cookies recently you may see the login UI switch, or if you are signing in with different accounts you may see the other login UI since the change has not been rolled out to all accounts yet.

Highlighted
Active Contributor

I believe you have accurately described what the issue might be with me. I will try to pay attention to what Im doing to see if what you have described correlates.

Thanks

Highlighted
Active Contributor

There is nothing specific that causes this. It doesnt matter if I clear cookies or not. I cant do anything specific to duplicate the issue. It seems to change whenever it wants to. I only sign in through the icon in the top right of my screen. Frustrating, because I cant duplicate it.

Highlighted
LogMeIn Contributor

Hello,  thanks for the report that this is still happening without switching accounts or clearing cookies and I've let our team know to hopefully resolve this soon. Since the new login UI will be rolling out slowly over the next few weeks you may see the login UI sometimes switch between the older style and new style.