cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LogMeIn Manager

Signing into the new LastPass Community

Hi,

If you have been a recently active member of the original LastPass forum your posts and account have been migrated over to the new community. To get started you will need to create a password for your community account:

• Click Sign In at the top of the community
  • Enter your LastPass email address on the Log in page
  • A new page will load asking you to confirm your email address and click on Submit 
  • Check your email and follow the directions to create a password, then save it in LastPass
  • You will then be taken directly to the community 

Please Note: Unlike the old forum, your community account is not tied to your LastPass account. If you change the email address on your LastPass account it will not change on the community. To update your community email address and change any other preferences here, click on your avatar picture in the top right and select My Profile or Settings from the menu.

Glenn is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
11 REPLIES 11
Highlighted
Active Contributor

Re: Signing into the new LastPass Community

Is it possible to get the username you've been assigned changed?

Thanks
Highlighted
Active Contributor

It not being connected to your LP account is a good thing, it was a fundamental flaw to have the master password required to be used on a webesite, including your own.

Tags (1)
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

The old forum used single sign on for authentication. Master passwords were never stored. The system was no different than other websites using an active email or social media session to securely log in to services with.
Highlighted
LogMeIn Manager

@jpenny84 is correct, on the old forum you were authenticated off of the browser extension, so you never entered a password to sign in. As the LMI community hosts multiple product communities and there is more than one identity platform it was not practical to use that approach here.

@rjm2 If you click on a community admin's profile and private message them the username you want they can update it for you. (reply edited and corrected Oct 7/20 GlennD)

Highlighted
New Contributor

What if I save my Logmein password to LastPass, how do I authenticate? I use LastPass so I only have to remember 1 password. This is crazy. Why do I need LogMein?  I have another authenticator.  

Highlighted
Active Contributor

Thanks @GlennD. Ok I think I've been through all of the options on the menus.

So just checking. When I asked is it possible to get the user id I've been assigned changed I was referring to the name rjm2.

Is it possible to get this changed?

I'm suspecting that this is the one thing that probably can't be changed in the profile settings?
Tags (2)
Highlighted
Active Contributor

Thanks for your reply,  but that was never my experience.

I had to login to the lastpass website (forum) with my master password, I appreciate you probably did something clever under the hood but I had to store my master password in Lastpass to save me the aggravation of entering my email and password.

My point was that relying on forum software for security is like trying to use a sieve to collect water, even paid forum software like vbulletin was hacked.

I feel much happier being able to log into this logmein community site with a unique handle, email and password that I do not use anywhere else.

I have done this for years and it immediately identifies a hacker as the only site that should be emailing me on that address is the site I used it to sign up with.

So thanks for this new platform, which for me is more secure because using the master password would be like asking me to use my bank ID to login to a forum.  Except with that it would only be my bank account, but with lastpass you have thousands of passwords and site and notes.

Highlighted
LogMeIn Manager

@LP001  the community software that we use does not store your credentials, that is handled by our own identity service that also serves our LogMeIn Central, Pro, Rescue and Hamachi customer base. I would not recommend using your Master Password for your community account or any other. 

@rjm2 If you click on a community admin's profile and private message them the username you want they can update it for you. As long as the name you wish to use is not already registered to another account, an admin  should be able to change it. 

(reply edited and corrected Oct 7/20 GlennD) 

@alanw157  Sorry, I am not sure I understand you question. You save the community login (email address and a password), to your LastPass just like any other website and let LastPass enter then when you sign-in.

Highlighted
Active Contributor

Thanks @GlennD but I'm not seeing the username tab on my profile like you are?

Under my settings->personal I see the following tabs:

email, personal information, IM screen names, close account

I've checked the mobile and the desktop version of the website on mobile. Both of them don't have the username tab for me?

I can't see your way to add a picture to this post but here is a link to what I'm seeing:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/11qCiXQtubX2TkPYR9KO6D7upaYaG4Y54/view?usp=drivesdk
Tags (2)