Did you mean: 
g_j_s
Active Contributor

Re: Won't auto-fill

can you check if my tips work?
irosentx
New Contributor

Re: Site won't autofill with credentials from Vault

LassPass won't autofill with for the Schwab website with Safari. It used to work and recently stopped. My other sites seem to work fine and the Schwab site works fine with Chrome. I have deleted all the Schwab entries and reentered it manually. It worked okay once and then quit again. Again suggestions?

g_j_s
Active Contributor

the Schwab website may have changed the id of the login field, whicn Latpass may not recognize.

You could with F12 start  developer mode in your browser and check the id of the login field (find and click the arrow in de dev mode, then click the login field to see the details).

The field may be called id="LoginId" for example.
This field you can add in lastpass. Edit the lP entry for the site if it exists.
Under advanced click the wrench and add a form field. With name and type of the field found.  The value is your credential.

irosentx
New Contributor

Re: Won't auto-fill

The "..." in the Safari toolbar shows the site listed. I can click on it and click on "fill" and nothing happens. In the Schwab login dialog box, there is no indication that LastPass has a fill for the site. Works ok in Chrome. Very frustrating!

irosentx
New Contributor

Thanks for the suggestion. I looked at the code but don't really know what i'm looking at. There is a field called 'ClientId' and I tried your suggestion. It didn't work. I deleted the LastPass entry for Schwab and then tried logging in again. LastPass doesn't even ask me if I want to add the password to my vault. In Safari it seems to be totally oblivious to the site.

RachelO
LogMeIn Contributor

Hello,

Could you try deleting all entries for the site from your Vault, then re-adding using the Save All Entered Data method?

• Make sure you are logged in to your LastPass browser extension. Go to the website whose login you need to force-save.
  • On the login page, fill in your credentials (username, email address, password, etc) but do not press login.
  • Click the LastPass browser icon, then go to Add item > Save All Entered Data at the bottom of the menu.
    Tip: For Internet Explorer users, click the active LastPass icon, then go to Tools > Save All Entered Data.
  • All captured fields are displayed. If desired, enter more information and specify your desired settings for the item. Click Save when finished
  • Once saved, when you return to the login page LastPass should fill the data for you. You can also “force-fill” the login from the LastPass notification bar, or from the LastPass icon by selecting the site name at the bottom of the menu and then clicking “autofill”.

RachelO is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudos!
irosentx
New Contributor

I have tried every suggestion and everything that I can think of. I give up. I'm now using the password auto fill in Safari instead for the Schwab site and plan to quit LastPass entirely. You shouldn't need a degree in computer science to get an app to work the way it is supposed to. And the company should provide tech support. I shouldn't have to scour the web for solutions.