cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
New Contributor

Re: Unable to log into LastPass Firefox extension

After refreshing Firefox yesterday, installing Firefox 77.0.1, downloading the LastPass extension and installing it anew, the LastPass extension for Mac Firefox crapped out overnight. I can't get it to work at all.

No, reinstalling the LastPass extension every day is not a plan.
Highlighted
New Contributor

Now the LastPass plug-in has disappeared from Safari. Is LastPass reluctant to support Mac browsers?
Highlighted
New Contributor

Windows 10, lastpass extension disappeared from firefox.
Disable/enable extension (with browser restart) didn't help
Remove/reinstall extension (with browser restart) didn't help
Can log into lastpass web.

This is the umpteenth time the extension has borked for our family account. The service is useless without the extension, IMO.
Highlighted
Active Contributor

There seem to be a LOT of threads regarding the LastPass Firefox extension. I'm using Firefox 80.0.1 and whatever the current version of LastPass is. This problem seems to be getting worse. I used to open Firefox, right-click on the LastPass extension, click on where it says LastPass at the top, and it would open a login window in a new tab. Sign in and good to go. If I inadvertently left-clicked on the LastPass icon it would pop up with a window that would ask me to accept or decline the ToS, but simply declining that and right-clicking on the icon instead worked fine.

Lately - not all the time but more and more often, when I right click on the LastPass icon to sign in, I get the Popup and if I click Accept I get a different sign in screen. When I try to login I get an error message saying "Unknown Error" occurred. Further, if I open the LastPass extension and sign out, I am unable to sign in again. Right-clicking on the LastPass extension and then clicking on LastPass does nothing.

NB: I am still able to access my vault, but I have to open a new tab, go to lastpass.com and sign in there. This opens the vault in a new tab. So my access to LastPass still exists, but the LastPass extension is broken. I tried disabling the Firefox Advanced Tracking Protection for the LastPass tab; that had no effect.

Any suggestions appreciated.

Mike.

Highlighted
Active Contributor

Hello!

I have last pass extension running right now in Firefox 80.0.1 and it is working as expected.

My thought is there has to be a common plugin or another extension that is fighting(I know so technical) with the LastPass extension. Try enabling LastPass on Private Browsing sessions and launch a new private session. This will help ensure it is not grabbing any older caches or cookies.

If it is still having issues there has to be something borked in Firefox and I would review how to refresh firefox: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/refresh-firefox-reset-add-ons-and-settings

Let me know if this works or not! 

Cheers, 

Patrick Byrne

Highlighted
LogMeIn Manager

Hi wolfnowl,

The terms you are being asked to accept are coming from the Firefox browser and once you accept them you should be set, however if Firefox is forgetting that you accepted the terms it is going to ask you again. This can happen if you are always using a private tab or you are clearing your cache and history at the end of each session. You will need to check your configuration and make exceptions for the LastPass extension.

Glenn is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
Highlighted
Active Contributor

Thanks, Folks. Appreciate your replies. Glenn, I am using Private Browsing Mode, and after closing Firefox I use CCleaner to clean up anything left behind. However, that's the interesting part. I had considered that, so when I opened my computer this morning I started Firefox and logged into the LastPass extension normally. I closed Firefox (it's instructed to delete everything on exit, but it really doesn't) and ran CCleaner, then re-opened Firefox and logged into LastPass using the extension. I've had this challenge with the extension intermittently and have yet to discover what triggers it.

Mike.

Highlighted
Active Contributor

Well, it's been working fine for the past few days. I've opened and closed Firefox, run CCleaner, Shut Down and restarted my computer, run CCleaner again... no problems. All of a sudden, just now I opened Firefox, right-clicked on the Lastpass extension and ran into the same 'unknown error'. I have determined that if I go to lastpass.com and sign in that way it will put me into my vault and the extension will work again, but I can't figure out what's triggering it...

Mike.

Highlighted
LogMeIn Manager

Hi,

Besides using Private tabs and clearing your cache etc, are any of you also using any privacy extensions in Firefox? Privacy Badger, anything like that? If you are can you temporarily disable all extension except LastPass, close and reopen Firefox and try to sign-in?

Glenn is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!