cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
New Contributor

Using LastPass Teams with LastPass Families

I use LastPass Teams at work and have linked my personal LastPass Families account to that account. However when I'm logged in using my work email address, I can't view any of my shared family passwords. Since I'm always logged into my work account on my phone, I can never access any shared family passwords from my phone. This seems like a horrible flaw. Unless I'm doing something wrong.

Please Help.
6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
New Contributor

Re: Using LastPass Teams with LastPass Families

I have the same problem. LastPass should either let you access your family shared folders from your business account, or let you be logged into two accounts simultaneously. This is a flawed design.
Highlighted
New Contributor

Also had the same issue.
Finally convinced management our enterprise needs Lastpass company-wide.
Got a trial. Spend my whole trial period getting my accounts to link.

Without them linked, its worthless....

Lastpass, no matter if you run an enterprise and/or a family. THERE IS NO SUPPORT.
No number to dial. No response on e-mails. Nothing. Nada.

So incredibly disappointing. How the last 2 years ive been a fucking Lastpass influencer, telling everyone to get lastpass..
Ill turn into the complete opposite for the rest of my life.

Dont think even an intern is appointed to read or handle problems on this forum or e-mail.
Highlighted
New Contributor

i am having the same problem/issue. I just got LastPass for the Family and i cannot see my shared password from Lastpass teams. 😞
Highlighted
New Contributor

I also have this problem. The only thing I didn't test before paying for a year long subscription for my family.
Highlighted
New Contributor

I'm new to LastPass - both a corporate Teams account and a personal Families account, and this issue is absolutely my biggest hurdle, and particularly on my iOS mobile devices.

I mitigate it on my Windows laptops by use of Chrome Profiles to allow concurrent login to both LastPass accounts under separate Chrome Profiles. But I inevitably spin up a Chrome tab under one profile just to realize the "family shared creds" I want are only available through LastPass under the other Chrome profile (or vice versa), so I end up doing a manual lookup/copy/paste of creds from LastPass in the other profile or spin the same URL up under the other profile to then leverage LastPass auto fill... so, definitely not a seamless process even on devices where this workaround is available.

I'm not sure of the best way to draw attention to this, but I could imagine they would consider this a "new feature" and I couldn't find a reference to the shortcoming in the "Feature Requests" board, so I posted an entry under that: [url=https://forums.lastpass.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=372245:ym35h2rl]Provide access to a linked account's shared folders[/url:ym35h2rl].

However, I don't see any forum capability to up vote an item, so maybe they just use "views" as a proxy for that, so please take a look. There is also a [url=https://forums.lastpass.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=16:ym35h2rl]Vote For What New Features are Most Important To You[/url:ym35h2rl] topic that appears to be a separate list of requested features represented as replies to a single topic that has some more advanced voting framework that supposedly needs to be manually maintained by the moderators. This forum platform is either missing a clear way for the community to convey to moderators which items are most important to them or I'm just not seeing the means to achieve that.
Highlighted
New Contributor

I just spoke to LastPass Teams support. They confirmed – shared folders created in LastPass Families do not carry over if you link that account to a LastPass Teams/Enterprise account. I kindly explained to them that this is an embarrassing oversight, and they said that their development teams were "already working on it" but that they would "elevate my feedback." Hopefully we'll see a fix soon, but I'm not holding my breath.

FWIW, I have been very impressed by their Teams Support. The trick is finding our how to submit a request: go to Help Center, type something (really anything) into the search box, an article will pop up, scroll to the bottom and select "Contact Support," input your phone number and they'll call you back within minutes. Yesterday one of their staff spent over an hour on the phone with me helping me troubleshoot a Chrome glitch.