Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Olly99
Active Contributor

Re: Vault opens when open vcault after login is not ticked

To all friends on this thread here is a very interesting read: 

it will give you alernatives to LastPass, namely keypass or bitwarden

i am getting really frustrated by the lack of active support we are encountering

have a great weekend.

g_j_s
Active Contributor

Re: Vault opens when "Open vault after login" is not ticked

Try as fix: de-install/remove the extension in your browser.

Then do a new install from the extension shop of your browser.

Go through all the hoops and questions.

I think either on LP or browser side, configuration and security has been changed, which did not land in the LP configuration  of permissions. By doing a new roll-in you will.

This at least worked for me in Firefox.

Frustrated as well.

david768
Active Contributor

What is going on with this problem? What exactly is the status of it there? Are you unable to reproduce the problem that so many of us are clearly seeing? Are you still unable to ascertain where the problem lies?

It is utterly mind-boggling that such a blatant, fundamental and annoying bug, so clearly introduced in a big update, is still unresolved after all this time.

Olly99
Active Contributor

I totally agree. This is such a let down. Clearly they do not care that much about their customers. It has been weeks since an update messed things up.
I tried to reinstall the extension and it messed up my set up completely (link between browsers). Luckily I have a daily backup and was able to recover. This is such a pain and a source of frustration.
Olly99
Active Contributor

Things seem to be getting even worse for my setup: the option to "share status" between browsers seems to be gone. Before all I to do was to login with chrome and then the extension will be automatically logged in when opening other browsers (which I do many times a day). Now this seems to be gone.

I was just reading reviews of Bitwarden on the chrome store:

Very interesting read. You will see a lot of happy Bitwarden users explaining why they moved away from LastPass. Similar complaints as ours...

I was lazy to do it but that's it. I will try transitioning to Bitwarden this weekend. Free us possible but will happily pay the suggested US$10 to support the developers.

Olly99
Active Contributor

One example of such recent reviews:
"Tom Maxwell26 Dec 2020
moved from lastpass......could not be happier.......firstly U2F support, cheaper, and syncing is so fast with bitwarden and so reliable, no more failed attachments to secure notes and no more binary enabling which was very unreliable anyway......support is awesome.........i gave up a work paid for premium lastpass account to pay for bitwarden, what more can i say!.....it was very clear that lastpass had neglected its product....its like they stopped working on it "
RachelO
LogMeIn Contributor

Hello Again,

Our developers are continuing to work on resolving this issue, and once I have more news or a planned release date I will update this thread right away.

RachelO is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudos!
Olly99
Active Contributor

Hi Rachel:

I know you are trying your best but not sure how much priority this is for your development team... It has been months now.

Do you confirm that the function "share status between browsers" has now disappeared? Can not find it on my chrome extension + not working anymore between my chrome and firefox.

I have now switched over to Bitwarden. Exporting all my passwords + cards + private notes and re-import into Bitwarden took less than 3 minutes. Seems to be working fine. No software is perfect but 1password, bitwarden and lastpass are in the top 3 and rather similar - so unless you keep your users 100% happy they will move away. This simply shows how easy it is for LP users to switch to a free solution usch as Bitwarden.

I will check again the situation with LP and various issues in 1 month but if by then I am 100% happy with my free bitwarden solution then no reason to come back. If you read the reviews there are a lot of happy users who switched away from LP. 

This is not about the money but a matter of principle for me.

Regards,

Olivier

jc94122
Active Contributor

@Olly99

This thread is focused on the issue regarding the Vault opening after login, when it shouldn't. My concern is if you bring up a different issue in this thread, the issue you're reporting will get lost in the shuffle.

If you haven't already, you might consider creating a new post with details regarding the "share status between browsers" issues you're seeing.

For what it's worth, I'm running LastPass v4.62.0 on both Firefox and Chrome, and while I do see the "share login state between browsers" in Chrome I do not see it in Firefox. I can also confirm that the browsers are not sharing their login state (this is definitely an option I have always had enabled).

Olly99
Active Contributor

JC:

Thank you for your post and confirming issue with "sharing between browser" which now also seem broken.

But, as you can read from my previous post, I have left LP for Bitwarden. I am done with LP which is becoming a mess while yearly premium has increased many folds. This is taking the piss from long lasting customers.

Good luck with them.

Oliver