cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
trustpar-jdodd
Active Contributor

Bug Report: LogMeIn installed on brand new Precision; Experiencing major display driver glitches

Installed LogMeIn on a brand new Dell Precision, and it is experiencing glitches where the screen does not update when inputs are sent. If no monitor is connected, the LogMeIn does not update the screen when inputs are sent. I can troubleshoot and get some things to display after sending inputs by changing the Color Quality settings, but windows are still frequently invisible when I send inputs to the computer.

The task bar works, but windows won't display when I activate them in the task bar.

Uninstalled Dell Display Manager to no avail.

LMI version 4.1.15158

6 REPLIES 6
GlennD
GoTo Manager

Re: Bug Report: LogMeIn installed on brand new Precision; Experiencing major display driver glitches

Hi @trustpar-jdodd,

Can you share which exact model of Dell Precision this is? 

Glenn is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!.
Do you want a new feature added? Make sure you Kudo (vote) for the Idea

Free user and admin training
CS_HelpDesk
GoTo Contributor

Re: Bug Report: LogMeIn installed on brand new Precision; Experiencing major display driver glitches

Hi @trustpar-jdodd , 

If this only happens when screen control is active via Central, it may be enough to Disable 'Display accelerator' in the settings.

In rare situations, some customers tried installing the Central Host Software without the Mirror Display driver, or updated the Display driver in the dell machine.
Some related articles for you to look into: 

https://support.logmeininc.com/pro/help/using-logmein-on-headless-computers-with-no-monitor-attached

https://support.logmeininc.com/pro/help/how-do-i-disable-or-uninstall-the-display-accelerator

@trustpar-jdodd

trustpar-jdodd
Active Contributor

Hey Glenn, it is a  Precision 3660

trustpar-jdodd
Active Contributor

I will try this! I did update the display drivers with Command Update, but hardware acceleration could definitely be what's causing the glitch

trustpar-jdodd
Active Contributor

Looks like disabling Display accelerator did not fix the glitch.

Everything will act okay for about 5-10 seconds, but then when I close an Edge window, the remote display will freeze. I can click on the icons on the task bar and open File Explorer and minimize file explorer, but no windows will display/update on the LogMeIn remote display without a monitor attached.

KateG
GoTo Moderator

@trustpar-jdodd sorry to hear the issue persists.

I've created a case for you and shared the details with our support team. Someone from our team should be reaching out to you soon. 

Kate is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!

Free new user and admin training