cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dw32
Active Contributor

Client error when connecting

Is anyone else having an issue with the Logmein Client working one moment and then the next it can no longer connect back to Central?  I can click the button that says "Log Me In", the app then displays Please Wait and then says "An error Occurred. Please contact support."  

dw32_0-1688076036168.png

This is happening on multiple windows machines.  We have tried updating, falling back a version, and even re-installed the Logmein Client.  The re-installation works for awhile, but eventually goes back to saying an error occurred.  I have tried it on machines inside and outside the office firewall, even though it says all traffic is being allowed.  Windows Firewall is also disabled on all machines. 

I have already opened a ticket with support on June 9th, and we are still having this issue. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
dw32
Active Contributor

Re: Logmein Client - No Longer Connects

I read through another post on the community forum, this is not a one-off issue.  
The link to the work-around below got us close but with a slight edit to resolve the problem. 
https://community.logmein.com/t5/Central-Discussions/Logmein-Client-An-error-Occurred/m-p/304799/hig...

1. Open LogMeIn Client 

2. Select View > Options 

3. Click 'Delete all stored login credentials' 
4. Uncheck 'Close to system tray' - this makes it easier, so you don't have to exit from the system tray

5. Click OK 

6. Select File > Exit 

Make sure it is not still open in the system tray 

7. Now re-open the LogMeInClient application 
8. Login with your credentials 
9. Uncheck 'I trust this device. Keep me logged in.' - this is what breaks the application 

10. Click Login 

dw32_0-1689705971895.png

dw32_1-1689706034006.png

dw32_2-1689706090958.png

dw32_3-1689706456913.png

dw32_4-1689706471846.png

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
GlennD
GoTo Manager

Hi @dw32, welcome to the community.

I checked the status of your support ticket and see that you provided some log files today, so hopefully those will give a clue as to what is going on.

Glenn is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!.
Do you want a new feature added? Make sure you Kudo (vote) for the Idea

Free user and admin training
dw32
Active Contributor

Hello -

We are still waiting on a resolution to this issue.  We are experiencing a degradation of service from Logmein Central. 

Can we get an update on the scope of the issue? 

Are there multiple LMI Central clients reporting this issue, or are we a one-off case? 

What level of support has reviewed this issue so far? 

Thanks

GlennD
GoTo Manager

Hi @dw32,

I have reviewed your ticket and it does appear to be a one-off case at this time. The ticket was assigned to our senior support team and I have let them know you are looking for an update.

Glenn is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!.
Do you want a new feature added? Make sure you Kudo (vote) for the Idea

Free user and admin training
dw32
Active Contributor

I read through another post on the community forum, this is not a one-off issue.  
The link to the work-around below got us close but with a slight edit to resolve the problem. 
https://community.logmein.com/t5/Central-Discussions/Logmein-Client-An-error-Occurred/m-p/304799/hig...

1. Open LogMeIn Client 

2. Select View > Options 

3. Click 'Delete all stored login credentials' 
4. Uncheck 'Close to system tray' - this makes it easier, so you don't have to exit from the system tray

5. Click OK 

6. Select File > Exit 

Make sure it is not still open in the system tray 

7. Now re-open the LogMeInClient application 
8. Login with your credentials 
9. Uncheck 'I trust this device. Keep me logged in.' - this is what breaks the application 

10. Click Login 

dw32_0-1689705971895.png

dw32_1-1689706034006.png

dw32_2-1689706090958.png

dw32_3-1689706456913.png

dw32_4-1689706471846.png