cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
philbud
Active Contributor

Host connection slow after time on IOS device. Script to restart logmein service?

Hi, maybe someone can help me with this problem...

We have a few hosts that after time (about 1 week) it's almost impossible to connect to via IOS device (ipad). It's becomes really slow or impossible to connect at that point. So me the network admin I have to go physically on computer and open the LogMeIn Control Panel and turn Off the button (Accessible via LogMeIn.com) and turn back on. After that it works well.

My question is: Would it be possible for me to send a script via central on computer to restart logmein service so I don't have to go physically on computer every time? If it's possible, which service would I need to restart exactly?

I could then schedule a task to restar automatically this service every week...

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
KateG
GoTo Moderator

Re: Host connection slow after time on IOS device. Script to restart logmein service?

Hi @philbud welcome to the GoTo Community. You should be able to use this script to restart the service remotely, you would just need to edit which service to restart.

Regarding the issue with the slow connection, could you let us know what version of the software and what OS the computers are running? Does this happen to any computer who doesn't use iOS to connect? 

Kate is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!

Free new user and admin training
philbud
Active Contributor

Re: Host connection slow after time on IOS device. Script to restart logmein service?

Thanks Kate, I appreciate your help on this.

I'm looking to restart via script the logmein service because right now what I do is manually I go and press turn off in the LogMeIn Control Panel on host computer and once it's Off I press Turn On again.

After that user is able to connect again to hos computer via LogMeIn.

Will it be possible to restart LogMeIn service with script or the script needs the LogMeIn service to run it?

Host computer is a Windows 10 Pro computer with the lastest LogMeIn version.

Thanks

KateG
GoTo Moderator

@philbud  thanks for the further information. You will need the LogMeIn service to already be running in order to execute the script service. 

Kate is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!

Free new user and admin training