cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Chris_Hanley

Installing client on Horizon instant clones?

We have a number of users in a VDI environment.  We have recently switched from persistent/user assigned machines, to Horizon Instant clones.  We would like to know if there is a way to deploy the client to these clones?  We are using folder redirection and FsLogix for profile management.

The issues we are wondering are:

1 - when a user logs on, we could deploy the Logmein client.  Their machine would show up in our Logmein Central console.  Could we just deploy it to our gold image?

2 - When a user logs off, the machine is destroyed, but would remain in the Logmein Central console.  This then repeats with each user logon/logoff.  Is there a better way to manage this?

3 - What is the best way to utilize Logmein on instant clone machines in a VDI environment?

We have been a long time logmein customer and really like it, but perhaps our environment is not supported?  I couldn't find any documentation.

1 REPLY 1
GlennD
GoTo Manager

Re: Installing client on Horizon instant clones?

Hi @Chris_Hanley, welcome to the community.

I've checked with our team and their suggestions are:

•  For the setup you could create a multiple use deployment package, which you should install as part of the setup script: msiexec /i LogMeIn.msi
  • If you already included the LogMeIn Client in your VM image you can attach it to Central with this command: "C:\Program Files (x86)\LogMeIn\x64\LogMeIn.exe" attach <deploy_id>  
    The <deploy_id> is the "c" parameter of the installation link of the deploy package.
  • To remove the LogMeIn instance from Central during logout you should uninstall the LogMeIn software from their computer. You can do it by uninstalling the software: msiexec /x LogMeIn.msi or with this command: "C:\Program Files (x86)\LogMeIn\x64\LogMeIn.exe" uninstall

Glenn is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!.
Do you want a new feature added? Make sure you Kudo (vote) for the Idea

Free user and admin training