cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Strobely
Active Contributor

Logmein Client no longer installing along side Control Panel

All of a sudden, for some reason, Logmein control panel is installing, but the client is not. Normally they both install at the same time. I have to run a repair on the install and then it installs the control panel. I am not sure why this all of a sudden started. 

This is what I use to install the Windows Host LMI

start-process C:\windows\system32\msiexec.exe -argumentlist "/I C:\temp\$lmilatest /qn /l*v C:\temp\lmiinst.log SETPOWERMANAGEMENT=0 LMIDESCRIPTION=`"$compname - $compmodel - `" COMPANYNAME=[companyname] ACCOUNTEMAIL=[accountemail] DEPLOYID=[deployid] SHOWCLIENT=0 SHOWCONTROLPANEL=0" -wait

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
CS_HelpDesk
GoTo Contributor

Re: Logmein Client no longer installing along side Control Panel

Hi @Strobely ,

So, the client was installed but it wasn't showing, because of your command, correct?

We have not received any information that there is a change in the installation of the software.  I would definitely open a support ticket for them to further investigate why this is happening.

I had interpreted that you didn't want the client app to install. And if that is the case, during the installation process the code should be FORCESHOWCLIENT=0.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
GlennD
GoTo Manager

Hi @Strobely,

What version of Windows are you installing on?

Glenn is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!.
Do you want a new feature added? Make sure you Kudo (vote) for the Idea

Free user and admin training
Strobely
Active Contributor

We are on Windows 11 latest version

CS_HelpDesk
GoTo Contributor

Hi @Strobely , 

This command "SHOWCLIENT=0" will prevent the client app to be installed.

Also, if you have a Host Preference assigned to your installation package that you have disabled the option to show the client app on the computer, could be the issue as well.

If you want to install the Client, you want to change the command above to "SHOWCLIENT=1" or check your Host Preference to have the option to show the client, checked.

Strobely
Active Contributor

CS_HelpDesk Can you show me documentation that shows this is the case?

I have always been using this command in this way. It is my understanding that setting showclient to 0 means that the client ui will not popup after the installation completes.

Has this been changed?

CS_HelpDesk
GoTo Contributor

Hi @Strobely ,

So, the client was installed but it wasn't showing, because of your command, correct?

We have not received any information that there is a change in the installation of the software.  I would definitely open a support ticket for them to further investigate why this is happening.

I had interpreted that you didn't want the client app to install. And if that is the case, during the installation process the code should be FORCESHOWCLIENT=0.