cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TMHC
New Contributor

Meaning of "online since"?

The documentation is completely mute for this topic:

• What does "Online Since" mean in the LogMeIn desktop client and/or the tooltip that appears when you hover over a computer's name in the web interface?  It does not correspond with the uptime of the computer itself.

• Is it simply referring to the duration that the LMI agent has been visible to the cloud interface?  If so, what is the purpose of that information? 
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
KateG
GoTo Moderator

Re: Meaning of "online since"?

Hi @TMHC welcome to the GoTo Community. 

"Online Since" indicates the duration during which the device has maintained connectivity with our servers since its last boot-up. Consequently, any interruption in the internet connection would impact this duration. Certain users express interest in discerning such details, such as the status of the internet connection.

Kate is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!

Free new user and admin training

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
KateG
GoTo Moderator

Hi @TMHC welcome to the GoTo Community. 

"Online Since" indicates the duration during which the device has maintained connectivity with our servers since its last boot-up. Consequently, any interruption in the internet connection would impact this duration. Certain users express interest in discerning such details, such as the status of the internet connection.

TMHC
New Contributor

Ok, thanks Kate! 

That detail is missing from the document I reviewed (LogMeIn Central User Guide), and I could not locate the info in any of the online info while searching.

To enhance functionality and clarify the difference, it would be nice if both pieces of data appeared in a quick-glance format ("Online Since", and "Last Restart").  Virtually the first question every IT pro asks themselves when a user reports a problem is "When was this thing last restarted?"

Ted

KateG
GoTo Moderator

@TMHC glad I could help clarify and I appreciate your feedback. 

TMHC
New Contributor

Thank you @myqurantutor, I have been looking for an online Koran tutor but haven't been able to find one!