cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rmcqueen

Need a report with computer description and computer name

We are trying to run a report that shows both the computer description and the computer name.  We cannot fine one in inventory or report viewer.  The comptuer name is under general settings, does anyone know if this can be done?

Thanks in advance.

12 REPLIES 12
Nusky

Re: Need a report with computer description and computer name

I also got caught out by this one... no computer name in the inventory. You could use one-to-many to obtain any extra information you need that doesn't show in the inventory. Then copy any paste the full returned CSV export into an excel worksheet. 

The output looks a mess, but I use excels index and match function to organize that data into a seperate worksheet.

lesyk009
Active Contributor

Reports - Computer name (hostname)

Reports in general needs a bit of an overhual (so do alerts tbh) the biggest issue I have with reports is it doesn't have the actual computername. The information is readliy available in logmein why not in a report? The LogMeIn description is there but that isn't the computer name. In fact when you download an inventory report the column with the LogMeIn description is labeled as 'Hostname', that's just patently wrong. 

Any way I was told to post this here so that they could see how much feedback this would get in order for it to be worth developers time to make this change.....so no change is gunna ever happen.....

...unlesss.....IF YOU SEE THIS GIVE IT KUDOS!!

mattgrant
Active Contributor

Re: Reports - Computer name (hostname)

I have a similar issue, where I generate a user group report based on their LMI usage. When I run the report it shows all info on the report page, but when I export it to xls or txt the date column is missing, making the report useless. Why would they have an export feature that clearly does not work properly?

Anon66618
Active Contributor

host name field

how i can see in table computer - hostname (computer name)? or hostname can be visible in inventory report file.xls

givaldorehem
New Contributor

Feature Request - Custom Fields on Inventory Reporting

I would find it extremely useful, if in Inventory Reporting it was possible to select the custom fields that were created in the computers area.

As a result, I would have a report with my custom fields, plus the options that are already in the Inventory Reporting 

dptg
New Contributor

Re: Feature Request - Custom Fields on Inventory Reporting

We would like to request this feature also.  The computer inventory does not produce the computer name of the system.   It only exports the computer description, which is created by us.  The actual computer name that you find under MY PC properties of windows 10,  is not included in the report.  We have a very difficult time comparing LogMeIn inventory with our other tools, since all of those have the computer name field to identify the systems. 

We have been looking for this solution for a long time.   This information can be found by clicking on the properties of the system in LogMeIn central and it's listed there.  We have created a custom field and added the name manually on all systems.   There is no way to export it in the excel report.    

It would be really helpful to be able to have the computer field in the exported inventory.

dptg
New Contributor

Re: Reports - Computer name (hostname)

We really need the ability to have the computer name (hostname) field in the report.  It is a huge issue for us to link other tools with LogMeIn Report without the hostname field. 

dptg
New Contributor

Re: Need a report with computer description and computer name

How do you do this?  We need the computer name to be exported in the inventory. 

dptg
New Contributor

Re: host name field

We are also trying to get this information.  I have seen this question asked in 2010 with no answer.   Is this possible?