Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Make sure you Kudo Ideas you would like to see implemented

Disable anti-virus popups without disabling the tray icon in "Silent Mode"

0 Kudos

Disable anti-virus popups without disabling the tray icon in "Silent Mode"

I get frequent popups from the anti-virus with messages like "An update process has been completed successfully" or "A program has been allowed to connect to the Internet". This gets annoying very quickly and when I called support I was told to turn on Silent Mode which removes the Windows system tray icon. I don't like that solution because users may want to access the tray icon to say review a file that was quarantined or perform some other related task. I was told to post here for a feature request to allow only the disabling of the popup messages.
2 Comments
CF-01

Has anyone had any updates on this? The pop ups are constantly in the way, and I can't find a way to turn them off without going into 'silent mode'. Should at least be an option to disable notifications locally if not at the admin level for certain messages like the connection which is constantly popping up.

KateG
GoTo Moderator

@CF-01 @dpolikoff I moved this post to the idea section. We will certainly pass this feedback to the team. In the meantime please feel free to vote on this.