cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Make sure you Kudo Ideas you would like to see implemented

Logged In User integration into LogMeIn Client and Central

Logged In User integration into LogMeIn Client and Central

While we do have some computers that only is used by one user, alot of our computers are used by multiple users. Instead of naming each computer in our computer list with the name of user + hostname. It would be great If one of the fields in the list of computers in Central and the LogMeIn client was Current Logged In User. Than we can have it searchable in the search bar in central and the logmein client app.

This way we can remote into computers without asking more questions to the users or getting them to follow instructions.

It's not something super important but it would be a nice to have.

9 Comments
escotthug

Nice.  And if no-one is logged in, we can see that too.  That's something I need.

ProCentPM
GoTo Contributor
Status changed to: Needs Info

Do you want to see the current local user's name? 

In case of using servers multiple Microsoft Remote Sessions can be in progress at the same time - is this something that you would like us to consider implementing?

brdo00605
Active Contributor

Yeah it was the current local user's name I would like to see as an optional field in the views for central and the logmein client app. Though being able to use the search on the site and the app for a username and see the list of computers they are signed into would be nice.

I think it would be great. Being able to see all the users logged on a TS server as well would be nice too. I'm guessing it would be tough to make it look nice in a table format or in the app if it's more than a few users though.

ProCentPM
GoTo Contributor
Status changed to: Investigating

Thank you for the input! We'll investigate further on feasibility.

escotthug

Hi guys, while this thread requests the local user name, my need is different.  I'd like to know who is remotely logged in, or whether there is someone currently remotely logged in.  We don't need multiple remote users logged in, although that would fix our issue, that being that if there's a current LogMeIn remote session in progress and another user attempts to log in, the current user is booted off!  In fact our problem would be solved if it was the incoming user that got booted/errored.

ProCentPM
GoTo Contributor

Hey @escotthug ,

Central indicates if an active remote session is in progress. The monitor icon turns green (see the attached screenshot). The implementation of displaying the name of the user who is conducting the remote session is not trivial and currently not planned. 

Anyway I hope that I could help you with this hint.

Screenshot 2022-06-17 at 9.58.59.png

escotthug

Thank you so much @ProCentPM !  I'd seen that indicator before but didn't realize it reliably reflected this status.  My issue is resolved!

ProCentPM
GoTo Contributor

Hey @escotty I am very happy that I could support you! Have a nice day!

ProCentPM
GoTo Contributor
Status changed to: Accepted