cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ray_Cerenade
New Contributor

Requesting Access to Keyboard and Mouse Control

Hello, 

Just seeing if anyone can point me to the right direction. My GoToMeeting updated to a new user interface (which I think is now "GoTo") and I cant find the ability to request keyboard and mouse control when viewing someone's screen. We typically connect with clients for support purposes and previously we would be able to click on their name and request control. A pop up would appear on their screen to give control and we would proceed to be able to move their mouse and type. Now that option is not there.

We do see that a client can click on your name to give control, however not all clients are tech savvy in being able to find the "give control option" and when instructing during the meeting on how to give control, it can be a mission. Just seeing if the setting to request control is still there?

Thanks, 

Ray

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
KateG
GoTo Moderator

Re: A long list of problems with Remote control here. Currently unfit for purpose. Is this a Beta?

Requesting Remote Control for mouse and keyboard is now available for all!

Please read all about it here

Kate is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!

Free new user and admin training

View solution in original post

23 REPLIES 23
JimC65
Active Contributor

New GoTo app much worse for remote desktop control!

Why did you ruin GotoMeeting for remote desktop control?  The new GoTo app has these problems, and many others:

1. The organizer can not request remote control.  The participant must grant it, and then the organizer enables it.

2.  The Esc key cancels remote control, and the organizer must re-enable it with the button on the bottom!  What if you use the Esc key for normal functions, like cancelling changes to a cell in Excel?

3.  The scroll wheel on the mouse just doesn't work.

4.  The screen refresh is slower and laggy.

5.  Full screen is not full screen, which means you are always working on a fuzzy screen that has been slightly resized/scaled.

Please don't ruin GotoMeeting for users like me that use it for hours every day for remote desktop control.

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

Re: New GoTo app much worse for remote desktop control!

Hi @JimC65 

Thanks for the feedback on the new GoTo app. 

With regards to the scrolling failure, which parts of GoTo are you trying to manipulate-- the Chat, or something else? 

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

JimC65
Active Contributor

Anything on the remote desktop that I am trying to control.

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

OK, which apps are you presenting with specifically, and on what operating system? 

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

JimC65
Active Contributor

It doesn't really matter what app, but let's say Excel.  Windows 10.

GlennD
GoTo Manager

Re: Requesting Access to Keyboard and Mouse Control

Hi @Ray_Cerenade, welcome to the community.

Currently, the GoTo App does not have the ability to request keyboard and mouse control, however, it is planned for a future update. For now, the attendee has to grant you control (as you've seen).  If you wish you can switch back to using the Classic GoToMeeting until this feature is available.

You can switch back to the classic GoTo Meeting app to host and join meetings.

1. Sign in to your account at https://global.gotomeeting.com.
  2. Select the Settings icon in the left menu.
  3. Select GoTo App, then disable Use the new GoTo.
  4. The next time you join or host a meeting, you will be launched in the classic GoTo Meeting desktop app or browser.
Glenn is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!.

Ray_Cerenade
New Contributor

Thank you! This solved my issue. Ended up switching back to classic. Looking forward for the implementation in the new version but until then will use the classic version.

GlennD
GoTo Manager

We plan to look at giving attendees the ability to request controls later in the year.

Glenn is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!.

dharrel
Active Contributor

I'm running into this problem too.  I wanted to control an attendee's screen and could not make it work. 

I want to switch back to GoToMeeting classic.  However, the instructions above don't seem to work for me.  After clicking the "Settings" icon, I do not see a "GoToApp" setting with a "Use the new GoTo" option.