Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Make sure you Kudo Ideas you would like to see implemented

Add Voicemail to Report

0 Kudos

Add Voicemail to Report

Hello!  Am I missing something that voicemails left on any line are not recorded? So once the call goes to VM there is NO recording just doesn't show anything on the call reports?  Like the caller never left any VM?

This is me testing and leaving a 2 minute VM, that was received, yet no recording of it in the reports? I really do believe this to be an oversight, how do we go about reporting this ? Its not an enhancement, it should have always been there so I'm not sure how to go about this, maybe its a bug?

K,MELISSA(5039981554) Alex Saltz(150) 2023-09-21T16:44:14.265Z 2023-09-21T09:44:14.265 PDT --:--:-- --:--:-- 2023-09-21T16:44:31.711Z 2023-09-21T09:44:31.711 PDT 0 19 INBOUND
K,MELISSA(5039981554) Alex Saltz(150) 2023-09-21T16:44:14.263Z 2023-09-21T09:44:14.263 PDT --:--:-- --:--:-- 2023-09-21T16:44:23.621Z 2023-09-21T09:44:23.621 PDT 0 17 INBOUND

11 Comments
KateG
GoTo Moderator

Hi @mkeaton to confirm, you are looking for the report to reflect that a voicemail was left and potentially link to the voicemail? 

mkeaton
Contributor

Yup! I am looking at call reports where all  the call recordings are accessed. If the caller connected with the extensions VM then I would expect a recording to have been made of that, but as it is.. there is nothing even showing that a VM was left let alone a recording of it.

If there is somewhere else I should be looking please let me know. 

Thank you Kate,  I appreciate you being on here to help with these weird issues 😃

KateG
GoTo Moderator

@mkeaton moving your comment to the idea section. The team is aware of the desire for voicemail reporting reflected in call reports. We will update the idea when we learn more. Thanks!

KateG
GoTo Moderator
Status changed to: Reviewed by moderator

KateG
GoTo Moderator
Status changed to: Accepted

@mkeaton Voicemail reached is a key new event available and now live, offering visibility into when a customer journey has led to leaving a voicemail message, whether inside the dial plan or outside of a dial plan. Whether voicemail was successfully reached is also visible. 

mkeaton
Contributor

@KateG  Thats great news! Can you provide info on where to find that information? I looked at Call reports for today, and I don't see anything for Voicemail. Am I looking for a column or a recording? I also checked Analytics in the contact center and didn't see it there either. Point me in the right direction please.

Thank you!!

KateG
GoTo Moderator
mkeaton
Contributor

@KateG  I have! But I took more time after your comment since you confirmed where is was,  It took 25 calls to find one with a VM, would have been way worse without your help and me just fumbling along,  so thank you!

That said.. Some feedback

There is no way to tell which call had left a VM at a glance, you have to go in to the details of each call to see it . So I would need to click 1 or 100 calls to find out if a VM  was left . When I actually found the one with the VM i am still lacking the ability to hear it. These calls that go to VM are also being considered Abandoned. I'm not sure that's the proper disposition for a call that went to VM but currently there really isn't a better option, should probably have a separate one just for calls such as this.

Anyway, I' m excited to see how much GoTo listens and is actively looking to improve itself, I actually like that the GoTo team puts out features soon as they are able, even if everything isn't completely hashed out yet.

Thank you for the update!! Looking forward to more 😃

KateG
GoTo Moderator

@mkeaton as always, I appreciate your well-thought-out  feedback! 😀

I will follow up with the team on how VM is indicated in the report. 

At this time, linking to the actual VM in the report is not available, I don't believe it's on the roadmap, but will certainly pass this feedback along. 

Could you let me know how the calls that go to VM are considered abandoned? 

mkeaton
Contributor

I dont know how, I just know they are showing that way, here is an example I found..

mkeaton_0-1699312738315.png

Here are the overview notes to show they left a VM.

mkeaton_1-1699312817121.png

Looking at the outcome options for the connect center I don't see anything about VMs. So I guess  I don't know where this would go, maybe Evicted? Maybe its own category? Evicted seems the closest better option, if I had to pick one that is already in place.

mkeaton_2-1699313086696.png