cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Make sure you Kudo Ideas you would like to see implemented

Need to have auto reply for text messages

Need to have auto reply for text messages

Similar to emails, Gotoconnect needs the ability to have a customized automatic responder to people who send text messages.

For example, if "John Doe" sends a text message to a Gotoconnect phone number, the recipient (i.e., such as me) should have the ability to create an automatic customized text message, particularly if the recipient will be away from the office for a certain period of time. 

Right now, on the Gotoconnect mobile app, there is a text autorespond feature for only incoming phone calls.  Which makes no sense to have it since anyone who calls can get a voicemail message.

13 Comments
drkrisko

In addition, I need to be able to create an auto greeting or opening to my text messages, so people know who they are coming from and I do not have to type my business name every time I create a text.

Like, whenever I send a text, it should say "Rebecca Krisko, ND:" and then the text message content.  My patients may not have the number stored in their phone and need to know that the text is coming from my office.

patrickholmes

I would also like to see automated text message replies, when "Away" or "Offline", and we need this for the desktop app.

(I understand that the mobile app has an "instant response" feature, but we don't issue cell phones to our employees and employees should NOT use personal cell phones for (a) HIPAA (healthcare) information, or (b) in California due to case law that then can result in having to reimburse employees for personal cell phone expense.)

So, a "text message auto-reply" feature while Away or Offline needs to be in the desktop app and in the app.goto.com browser version also.

patrickholmes

I would also like to see automated text message replies, when "Away" or "Offline", and we need this for the desktop app.

(I understand that the mobile app has an "instant response" feature, but we don't issue cell phones to our employees and employees should NOT use personal cell phones for (a) HIPAA (healthcare) information, or (b) in California due to case law that then can result in having to reimburse employees for personal cell phone expense.)

So, a "text message auto-reply" feature while Away or Offline needs to be in the desktop app and in the app.goto.com browser version also.

ripplehealth

I would appreciate the ability to turn on and off reminders with an AI system. For instance, when on "holiday" have an autoreply that can state when we will be back in the office to address their concerns.

robertwillsom

I have read the random post on auto-reply messages, and I think they have applied a rule to it, so I think you should gather information about it. A what is not legal website can provide you with articles on rules and regulations. You can also visit websites depending on your mood.

KateG
GoTo Moderator
Status changed to: Reviewed by moderator

stephcpagoss

Would be great to give users the ability to create an automated message for businesses who do not wish to monitor text messages, but would prefer their clients to email or call the office instead. Surprised that this is not already an option as it would be really useful for very busy practices. 

stephcpagoss

I just suggested this as an idea, without seeing this post. Hoping this post will get enough traction, so that the developers can add this feature! 

KateG
GoTo Moderator

@stephcpagoss I moved your original comment to this thread. I will share the feedback with the team. Thanks!  

DefenTec

We would like to have an atuo-responder for when customers text us after hours so that they know we are closed and they will not receive a response until the next business day.