cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Make sure you Kudo Ideas you would like to see implemented

Voice Mail to multiple Email addresses please

Voice Mail to multiple Email addresses please

Please allow voice mail messages to be sent to multiple email addresses, at least two. This seems to be one of the few cloud based PBXs that only allows voice mail to be sent to a single email address, which is an embuggerance as some email addresses are not regularly monitored, e.g. they may belong to part time staff.

4 Comments
M_Adams
Active Contributor

Yes, sometimes if a customer needs a more robust option we have used Clearfly which allows up to 10 senders and 10 receivers.

I know customers can set up distribution emails but would be so much simpler to give them access on the portal to enter up to 10 different users. That would probably be sufficient 90 percent of the time

KateG
GoTo Moderator
Status changed to: Reviewed by moderator

KateG
GoTo Moderator
Status changed to: Reviewed by moderator

DnevHIT
Active Contributor

For customers that use Office 365, I created a Shared Mailbox, and assigned the users that need access to voicemails to that Shared box. Sending voicemails to this box (voicemail@company.com) allows everyone to see them, and then they can use the QuickSteps (right click the email in Outlook) option to mark the job Done in Outlook (adds a little green check to the email). 

While this wouldn't work for non-O365 users, this would make it easier for multiple recipients to manage the voicemail, as there would be a fairly easy way to discern whether one person has handled the voicemail or not. If they're using only O365 webmail, you could possibly create a category called Complete, and add a color to indicate that it's been completed (I believe QuickSteps is only available in the Outlook Program).

Otherwise, yes, having multiple emails would be very handy!