cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JohnN2
Active Contributor

Caps Lock Issues

During Go To Resolve sessions (with either unattended systems or with users' computers), to enable caps lock it requires pressing the caps lock button twice. Same in reverse: if I want to disable caps lock, it requires pressing the button twice.

The main reason I do this similar to what other GTR admins have reported (see: https://community.logmein.com/t5/GoTo-Resolve-Discussions/Can-t-type-characters-requiring-the-shift-...), where the shift key sometimes doesn't register (either missing entering the character at all or not capitalizing). This becomes frustrating when trying to enter case-sensitive characters that can't/shouldn't be copied and pasted.

Is anyone else experiencing anything similar and besides just dealing with it are there any active support cases regarding this issue?

Thanks,

John N

7 REPLIES 7
GlennD
GoTo Manager

Re: Caps Lock Issues

Hi @JohnN2, welcome to the community.

How reliably can you recreate this issue of the Shift key not registering or having to push Caps Lock twice for it to register? 

Do you typically connect from the same computer to your clients? 

Does it happen more often with a specific client you connect to? 

Glenn is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!.
Do you want a new feature added? Make sure you Kudo (vote) for the Idea

Free user and admin training
JohnN2
Active Contributor

Hi @GlennD,

Thanks for the warm welcome and quick response!

I can reliably recreate the issue of having to push Caps Lock twice for it to register 100% of the time.

It's about 50% or so with the Shift key not fully registering.

I typically connect from about 3 different computers to our clients.

It doesn't happen more often with any specific clients, it's the same with all endpoints.

Hope that helps!

Thanks,

-John

GlennD
GoTo Manager

Thank you, I am checking with the team to see if the log files would include any useful information.

JohnN2
Active Contributor

No problem, I appreciate the assistance!

If there's anything else I can provide on my end, please let me know.

Regards,

-John

GlennD
GoTo Manager

@JohnN2  I've heard back from the dev team on the details they need to look into this:

• Agent side OS
  • Agent side keyboard layout
  • Device side OS
  • Device side keyboard layout

If you're using the Desktop Console:

• The Desktop Console's version (from upper left corner's Desktop Console -> File -> About GoTo Resolve Desktop Console dialog)
  • Keyboard layout setting (Local/Remote) (from upper left corner's Desktop Console -> File -> Preferences... dialog)
  • Desktop Console logs (after they experience the issue, right click on the console to invoke the context menu -> Export logs...) Please Email the logs to gotoservice at logmein dot com and they will be forwarded

JohnN2
Active Contributor

@GlennD Answers to your requests below in red

I've heard back from the dev team on the details they need to look into this:

• Agent side OS Windows 10 / Windows 11
  • Agent side keyboard layout
  • Device side OS Windows 10 / Windows Server 2019 + 2022 (as well as Server 2012 R2 while we've been decommissioning them)
  • Device side keyboard layout

If you're using the Desktop Console:

• The Desktop Console's version (from upper left corner's Desktop Console -> File -> About GoTo Resolve Desktop Console dialog)  1.10.1.113 for Desktop Console version, but also happens within the console.gotoresolve.com portal
  • Keyboard layout setting (Local/Remote) (from upper left corner's Desktop Console -> File -> Preferences... dialog) Keyboard layout Local
  • Desktop Console logs (after they experience the issue, right click on the console to invoke the context menu -> Export logs...) Please Email the logs to gotoservice at logmein dot com and they will be forwarded I'll work on getting these logs generated and emailed; will follow-up once completed
JohnN2
Active Contributor

Interestingly enough, the Go To Resolve desktop application has been working fine for Caps Lock over the past few days. The only place I was seeing it happening recently still was the console.gotoresolve.com portal.

I'll continue testing and report back. Thanks for the assistance so far!

Regards,

-John