cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bhartwell13
Active Contributor

Control button Overlay when logged into a Machine

screen buttons.jpg

I need help. Idk why these buttons have sporadically popped up when I am remoting into machines but they make it extremely hard to control a computer.  I cant type in my admin password unless I deliberately hit shift, release shift and then type the character. if i try to Win+R or Win+E not only does it come up on the screen I am controlling but it is also popping up on my machine so the command doesnt open the run command or the explorer. It's like the buttons are working on both my machine and theirs and I cannot deal with that. With security requirements nowadays I have to type my password into a remote machine minimum 3 times per remote session. It went away for a little while for some reason but its like my program updated yesterday and I had to resetup dark mode and my ticket list and now this is happening.  Any info on how to remove this from my remote sessions would be amazing.

2 REPLIES 2
GlennD
GoTo Manager

Re: Control button Overlay when logged into a Machine

Hi @bhartwell13,

The overlays are there to help show which command keys are being passed (handy for Mac <-> Windows), but I can see how they could be annoying. Currently they are not something that can be disabled, but I am checking with the team. For the other issues could you please provide the following info?

• Agent side OS
  • Agent side keyboard layout
  • Device side OS
  • Device side keyboard layout

If you're using the Desktop Console:

• The Desktop Console's version (from upper left corner's Desktop Console -> File -> About GoTo Resolve Desktop Console dialog)
  • Keyboard layout setting (Local/Remote) (from upper left corner's Desktop Console -> File -> Preferences... dialog)
  • Desktop Console logs (after they experience the issue, right click on the console to invoke the context menu -> Export logs...) Please Email the logs to gotoservice at logmein dot com and they will be forwarded

Glenn is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!.
Do you want a new feature added? Make sure you Kudo (vote) for the Idea

Free user and admin training
bhartwell13
Active Contributor

Re: Control button Overlay when logged into a Machine

Both Agent and Device are running Windows OS. Agent is 11 and Devices are 10 or 11.

Both are using Standard QWERTY Keyboard Layouts

GoTo Desktop Version is 10.10.1.113

Keyboard Layout settings is Local

There is nothing to Log when this happens. There are no errors. It is like whenever I press the shift key is presses and hold the key for me and when I go to type the @ symbol in my admin password it eats the input. so instead of the password typing like Password@1 in this case it would type Password1 like I never hit the @ symbol at all. 

Also if i try and do a Keyboard shortcut like WIN+R it does not register the R input and both my start menu and theirs opens. However I have gone in to test this again today and it is now not doing it. The keys are not showing up on the screen when press SHIFT or WIN and it allows me to control the computer like normal.