cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SupportMW
Active Contributor

GoTo.Resolve.PatchManagement.Client.exe Crashing Windows 7 PCs and Must be Uninstalled

In the past 2 days we have had 4 Windows 7 PC Lock up.  After rebooting we see some erorrs in the windows error log and within 2 minutes the PCs lock up again - can't even connect from a different PC on the same network .  The only way to resolve this is to uninstall GoToResolve.  Once uninstalled, never locking up again.

Description: A .NET application failed.
Application: GoTo.Resolve.Alerts.Monitor.App.exe
Path: C:\Program Files (x86)\GoTo Resolve Unattended\3981505752341795654\externalmodules\AlertsModule\1.2024.0319.1\GoTo.Resolve.Alerts.Monitor.App.exe
Message: GC heap initialization failed with error 0x8007000E
Failed to create CoreCLR, HRESULT: 0x8007000E

I don't know if there has been a new update pushed out, but this just started happening yesterday.  

Hopefully this gets attention as it's crashing our customer's PCs and interrupting their business.  I just opened a support ticket # 20224689 and am awaiting a resolution

Is there any way to disable the anti virus, windows updates, patch management funcitonality?  We just need remote access

1 REPLY 1
GlennD
GoTo Manager

Re: GoTo.Resolve.PatchManagement.Client.exe Crashing Windows 7 PCs and Must be Uninstalled

Hi @SupportMW,

This is the first report I have seen of this issue, please let know what Support finds.

Glenn is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!.
Do you want a new feature added? Make sure you Kudo (vote) for the Idea

Free user and admin training