cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ChrisGonzales
New Contributor

Openssl vulnerability in GoTo Resolve Unattended and GoTo Resolve Desktop Console applications

Using latest client as of 1/4/2023 of GoTo Resolve Unattended (v1.13.1.2908) and GoTo Resolve Desktop Console (1.8.1.103), Microsoft Defender has found the following vulnerability related to these applications.

Openssl (Installed version: 3.0.8.0)

Software Evidence
File paths:

c:\program files (x86)\goto resolve unattended\3855658948394338372\libcrypto-3.dll
c:\program files (x86)\goto resolve unattended\3855658948394338372\libcrypto-3-x64.dll
c:\program files (x86)\goto resolve unattended\3855658948394338372\libssl-3.dll
c:\program files (x86)\goto resolve unattended\3855658948394338372\libssl-3-x64.dll
c:\program files\goto\goto resolve desktop console\libcrypto-3-x64.dll
c:\program files\goto\goto resolve desktop console\libssl-3-x64.dll

Will there be a new version released anytime soon that will help address this openssl vulnerability?

Please advise.

-Chris

3 REPLIES 3
GlennD
GoTo Manager

Re: Openssl vulnerability in GoTo Resolve Unattended and GoTo Resolve Desktop Console applications

Hi @ChrisGonzales, welcome to the community.

We plan to update the OpenSSL version currently being used, I do not have an ETA just yet but I will update this topic when one is available.

Glenn is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!.
Do you want a new feature added? Make sure you Kudo (vote) for the Idea

Free user and admin training
bhajdu
GoTo Contributor

Re: Openssl vulnerability in GoTo Resolve Unattended and GoTo Resolve Desktop Console applications

Dear Chris,

We plan to release support for 3.0.12 by the end of January. This is the most up to date on the 3.0 branch, wich is the LTS version (supported until September, 2026).

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Kind Regards,
Balázs Hajdu
Product Manager @  Goto Resolve

ChrisGonzales
New Contributor

Hello Bhajdu,

Do you have an update on the new GoTo Resolve Applet release that addresses this openssl vulnerability? Thank you.

-Chris