cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TheSkyman
Active Contributor

Unattended Device Access

Using version 4 console or web.  When we connect to a remote unattended device (v4.8) the device prompts the user to allow connection.

Using version 5 console or web (still v4.8 on the device) the connection is made automatically.

How can we make it so the user is always prompted to allow connection?

7 REPLIES 7
KateG
GoTo Moderator

Re: Unattended Device Access

Hi, @TheSkyman welcome to the GoTo Community. Unfortunately, there is no way to prompt the user to allow the connection on v5. 

Kate is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!

Free new user and admin training
TheSkyman
Active Contributor

This question is answered, but the answer is disappointing.  To be able to see what is on a user's screen with-out them giving you permission is just a bad way to do things.  HIPAA and other confidentiality rules would be violated if this where to happen.  I know version 4 keeps this feature but if a tech uses the version 5 console accidentally that's a problem.

Mark_Jenkins
Active Contributor

V4 allows the user to allow or reject the connection but if no response then the connection is made regards. So you would have to educate user not to leave screen open. V5 does not have the option to allow or reject until the connection has been made.  I would be happy if the V4 method was reintroduced in V5 or a least an option. 

TheSkyman
Active Contributor

"if no response then the connection is made " - the behavior we've seen is that if the user doesn't respond, the screen locks and the connection is made.  We like this as we still have access to the computer, just not the user's session.

Mark_Jenkins
Active Contributor

That would depend on how the end user is setup with screen locking and GPO's but agree remote support is always a trade-off between ease of access and security.

GlennD
GoTo Manager

Hi,

Interestingly, prior to v5 being released we received semi-regular feedback from customers asking that the prompt to allow/deny the connection be removed as they found it inconvenient. I doubt that we will change how v5 works at this stage, but GoTo Resolve has the allow/deny prompt like v4.

Glenn is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!.
Do you want a new feature added? Make sure you Kudo (vote) for the Idea

Free user and admin training
DSipp

I am in the camp of never allowing access to a session without user acceptance. definitely trading convince with ease of use.