cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bvoss
Active Contributor

Display the contact name instead of called from number

Hello, I received this incredible message from support:

Thank you for your feedback. I have received feedback from colleagues. Unfortunately, the app is not able to display an external phone number as a contact instead of a number. Unfortunately the application is not yet able to identify the incoming phone number, only the internal one (the number within the PBX network). I'm sorry, if you would like to get in touch with our development team regarding this, please write to us on our community page.

Selling Phone Cloud that is unable to display a contact instead of a number? I have few words to show my incomprehension. My first mobile phone could do that, I think yours too. and nobody wants that? I do not believe that.

Sales staff in Germany have not been available for 1 week. When I call the German headquarters, the tape of the answering machine tells me it is full? Does goto still exist as a company?

16 REPLIES 16
GlennD
GoTo Manager

Re: Hey are you still there? what are you up to?

Hi @bvoss, welcome to the community.

1. When you receive a call from someone in your Contacts list and their phone number is displayed, does the number format match the way it is entered in your Contacts list?
  2. Can you provide an example of the way telephone numbers are formatted and displayed for you? (It may be that our system does not yet recognize the format used in your country) 
Glenn is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!.
Do you want a new feature added? Make sure you Kudo (vote) for the Idea

Free user and admin training
bvoss
Active Contributor

Hi, Glenn

Yes, the number format corresponds to the number format of the contact list.

Interestingly, the goto number format is different depending on whether a call is coming in or the same call is displayed on the voicemail list.

Incoming call 01511 234567

Voice mail +491511234567

Why is this different? Both formats tested. If I enter +491511234567 I can at least see the contact on the voicemail. I think there is a programming error here.

bvoss
Active Contributor

Unfortunately for me the use of the program is important, the contact names are displayed when calling. If only the phone number is displayed, I don't think goto is ready for the market.

When will this be fixed?

GlennD
GoTo Manager

Hi @bvoss, I have shared your feedback and the details of what exactly you are seeing with the team, I will update you when I hear back from them.

evs1
Visitor

Hi,

Replying to this post because coworkers and I have the exact same issue. Not only do the names of saved contacts not show up when they call, but their names frequently do not appear listed under "Recent Activity." I know that the contact name is saved to that phone number because it shows up at the top when I select a number and see the full conversation history. I have tried multiple times to edit the format of phone number in contacts but have been unable to get consistent results on what works and what doesn't. For context, the numbers show up as (555) 555-5555 in the recent activity list, but when I try to add a contact, they typically show up as 5555555555 in the phone number field of the edit contact screen.

Not being able to see who is calling or who I called in my recent history is extremely frustrating and makes the entire contacts function, a critical component of digital phone systems, nearly worthless.
bvoss
Active Contributor

Hi Glenn, you wanted to keep me and us updated on the status.
Is there anything new?
GlennD
GoTo Manager

Hi, I apologize for not posting an update sooner, we were able to recreate the issue internally and it is with the development team. The current ETA is for a fix to be released in early 2023. I hope to have a clearer date in mid-January after the Xmas/New Year holidays.

bw34
Active Contributor

Has this issue been addressed? I am experiencing this issue again this week. Contact functionality has been spotty and seems like it has taken a step backwards.

KateG
GoTo Moderator

Hi @bw34 welcome to the GoTo Community. 

I don't believe the ability to have inbound caller IDs display the contact name is currently available, but can check with the team. Is this what you are currently experiencing? 

Kate is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!

Free new user and admin training