Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Make sure you Kudo Ideas you would like to see implemented

Hotkey combo to enable and disable drawing tools

0 Kudos

Hotkey combo to enable and disable drawing tools

I would like a shortcut / key combination to turn on/off drawing mode.

Use case:   Currently it's pretty inconvenient to switch between drawing and normal mouse in the situations when you have to move around a document or application a lot.

10 Comments
GlennD
GoTo Manager
Hi Vlad,

There is not currently, but this is a great suggestion so I am changing this to an idea.
Michal Sedlacek
Glen,

This is a major flaw of the software. I am surprised that you have not heard this before, everybody I know complains about this.

Michal
Peter Brungardt
Hello Glen,

It would also be nice to have a hot key to erase all drawings as well. When using multiple screens it can be a pain to keep jumping around...
michelangelo ma
A shortcut to erase all drawings would be great, also an alternative keyboard shortcut to "Esc" to exit from drawing mode would be nice to have. "Esc" is also use to leave/exit Powerpoint presentations. Happens to me to draw on a slide, then press "ESC" to stop drawing and move on the following slide. But two "esc" pressions stop my "powerpoint viewer", then I have to open the document again and move on from the first slide to the one I wanted :(.
I would like if this "ESC" alternative keyboard shortcut could to "activate/deactivate" the drawing mode, giving control of the "last selected" drawing tool. Great would be to have it on the left side of the keyboard (for right handed mouse users like me).
thank for your work.
kevinzolitor
What? I can't believe there is no option for hot keys. We have a hardware annotation device and there is no way to tie in the drawing tools with the hardware buttons of the annotation tablet, so the presenter does not have to open multiple layers of menus to turn on and off annotation. Boo!
David Piehl
Have you developed a way to erase drawings with a keyboard shortcut yet?
ibiza
has this been fixed yet? I need to do all sorts of drawing, and having to go back to the menu every time to erase is really tiring... I used to use SketchIT, where I can draw anywhere, and make my own videos, but Go2Webinar doesn't record the SketchIt drawings.... I wish it would at least... or implement some shortcut keys... really super important.. and so easy to do...
Wayne Hesch
Hi Glenn, has there been any progress on this suggestion from 3 years ago? In addition, why is the erase option accessible only through the [...] button?  It seems like an extra mouse click for something the user would do/use on a regular basis, and moving the "Erase" button to the main Drawing toolbar would make this partially better, given that you have plenty of room on the toolbar. I used Cisco Webex for years, and it has the same limitations with drawing...
GlennD
GoTo Manager
Status changed to: Accepted

Hotkeys are available in the Windows Desktop Client, other clients will follow.

GlennD
GoTo Manager
Status changed to: Investigating