Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Make sure you Kudo Ideas you would like to see implemented

Please Improve the timer tool

Please Improve the timer tool

Dear Team,

I'd suggest, that you improve the timer tool. Right now, you can set up a timer from about 0 - 10 minutes. If a set 2 minute timer runs up, you will be able to restart the timer.

Though, in case the timer is stopped at 1:30 for example, there is no way to reset the timer directly on 2 minutes other then again set up a completely new  2 minute timer.

This is highly appreciated. Cheers and Thx

6 Comments
56dandelion

I noticed this feauture being a bit clumsy as well

KateG
GoTo Moderator
Status changed to: Needs Info

@green-green thanks for your idea and apologies for the delay. 

Currently, you can set a timer up to 180 minutes, pause and restart, and cancel and start over.  Does this address your needs? Thanks. 

green-green
Active Contributor

Hi KateG

Thank you for coming back to this!

Right now I am not sure something has changed, though, there might be an update available soon which is not yet rolled out at our place. I just tested the tool and it seems nothing has changed.

In case I always want to use a 2 minute timer - and not a 10:00 minute timer - it seems a bit clumsy since I have to manually set it back to 02:00 minutes:

There is a pause button and a closing button, though, a 'reset back to 2 minutes immediately, but not start directly' button is missing.

For example the timer is at 1:30 and I want a new 02:00 minute timer to be ready, there is currently no other way than shutting down the complete tool, open the tool again,  set up a 02:00 minute timer manually and start it again - rather than a simple button that resets the timer to 02:00 right away. 

In case the 02:00 timer is at 00:00 and I choose to restart, the timer is correctly set back to 02:00 without the need to set this up manually, but it will start immediately, which I don't like, but this is maybe a matter of taste rather than a matter of efficiency, because I can go ahead and pause it right away.

I hope I pointed out the problem in a more clear way!

Cheers!

KateG
GoTo Moderator

@green-green thanks for getting back to me. 

If you go into Tools section and timer, you can type in 2 minutes and the timer will reset, but from what you are saying you would like to be able to reset the timer from the timer itself on the top right, correct? 

green-green
Active Contributor

Correct!

Clicking on the top right timer countdown - there ae two choices already existing - one more to set it back on the preset time right away would be awesome

Option 1 is to pause the countdown

Option 2 is basically to close the entire timer tool

and the point below is to change the visibility

KateG
GoTo Moderator

@green-green thanks for confirming, we will share this with the team.