Share multiple attendee / presenter desktops simultaneously

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

0 Kudos

can we display 2 (attendees) screens during a goto meeting session?
eg:we would like to have a document open and a online SharePoint chart open, then we need to make edits in both places based on the info in the ms-office document.
We also need to make edits in both places as we go, or "on the fly"

8 Comments
Keith Wiggans
Two-way screen sharing would be an excellent feature to add to this product. Currently, I continuously have to switch presenters when I am trying to explain a concept and then switch back to the customer in order to see if they are getting it correct. Then I have to switch back to continue explaining the concept.
The whole process is disruptive and inefficient.
GlennD
GoTo Manager
Hi Keith,

Why don't you make the Customer the Presenter and then have them give you Keyboard and Mouse control? Then you can walk them through the training on their computer without having to change Presenter back and forth.
Keith Wiggans
Thanks Glenn,
I currently do that a lot with customers. The problem comes into play when both the customer and I are working in tandem and would like to see what the other one is displaying on their screen. I may be doing a query on my side and would like to share the results with my customer while at the same time, not losing their screen to see what they are showing on their information system.
It's strange that this is not a more popular request. I have been in circumstances where it would have been nice to switch between 3 users screens in quick succession. I believe Google Hangout has something along these lines, but I'm not sure my customers would be comfortable using hangout for the meetings.
That is a possibility though. I'll let you know how Hangout works.
Thanks again for the recommendation.
GlennD
GoTo Manager
Thanks for the explanation.
GlennD
GoTo Manager

Hi Steven,

Only one computer can be Presenter at a time currently, but this is an interesting idea, thanks for sharing it and providing a use case.

Steven2
Hi Glenn,
yes I'm posting this as a "wish-list: idea 🙂
I use goto, at least 3-4 times a week, on average.
And I see this as being a great next-step for the goto evolution to help solve for not being able to have a meeting "in-person"
it would greatly aid in supporting a goto attendee, some people I connect with are not very tech-savvy and I could help them with less guessing if I could see their screen at the same time displaying my screen to them...

thinking out-loud... hhrrmmm...
even if it was possible to connect to 2 scheduled goto-meetings at the same time.
So I could be a presenter and a team member could be a presenter and we could see each other's desktop, we could connect via phones for audio to reduce lag...
John Federico
New Contributor
I would really like to see this feature as well. Many people have multiple monitors and it would be great for remote training if the trainee could see the trainer's monitor 1 on their monitor 2, and vice versa.
dongzlmi
New Contributor

More details are needed.