Support AppleTV via AirPlay

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

0 Kudos

I am using GTM on my Mac, it would be really cool to be able to send the GTM content display to my AppleTV via AirPlay. I can enable AirPlay mirroring but the new Mac OS El Capitan allows applications to send specific streams, and the GTM content would be perfect to use this feature.

9 Comments
Byron Wood
Seems like a sensible move for gotomeeting
Andy Pullen
This would be fantastic.
Joseph Danger-Z
It works with Apple Tv. Although, as of late the app has been freezing.
wsitops
We also have GotoMeeting often freeze during at at initiation of a GotoMeeting screenshare on our Apple TV 3. Has anyone have experience with Gotomeeting and the new Apple TV (4) for simultaneous Airplay and GotoMeeting screensharing?
Eric H
I am also experiencing the same issue. Latest El Cap (10.11.6) and ATV 3 firmware (7.2.1). But I'm also experiencing drops, poor video quality, latency, etc., with using AirPlay for any streaming content using the 'AirPlay' selector and streaming content that way. The drops usually occur at or shortly after starting (~5-10 min).

I don't have any issues using the bulit-in/dedicated streaming function on my Mac for things like YouTube. So connecting to the ATV and streaming the desktop (and also GTM) uses a different method of connecting to the ATV that is unreliable at best.

So an option to use the same connection type as whatever YouTube uses for connecting to AirPlay on their website would be amazing and would likely fix this for a lot of users.
Eric H
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled AirPlay option in OS X app?.

What I'm hoping to find is a way to utilize AirPlay with a dedicated streaming option to an Apple TV. So instead of streaming the desktop (and subsequently the GTM app), I'd like to use something native. An example of what I'm looking for would be the YouTube option that's available on their site (and when around an Apple TV). 

The reason for the inquiry is because for whatever reason, El Cap + 3rd Gen Apple TV is constantly dropping while streaming the desktop and GTM app. I don't believe that it's specific to GTM (can replicate the same thing using YouTube and desktop stream), but wasn't sure if a native method of streaming from OS X exists.
GlennD
GoTo Manager

Hi Eric, at this time there is no direct support for AirPlay or AppleTV. Unfortunately I am not aware of it being on the immediate road map either.

SigV
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled iPad, GTM and Airplay - nogo.

We have an iPad in our meeting room along with a large TV hooked to an Apple TV.  I can watch a meeting on the iPad without issues.  I cannot seem to then AirPlay to the Apple TV.  Is this supported?
Rick Donald
Yes, this would be great here in the office.