cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
klimt5
New Contributor

Mac Sonoma: Webcams permanently crash a few seconds after joining the meeting

For a few days now, I have noticed that when I connect to a meeting, the speakers' webcams work correctly for a few seconds and then freeze. I only notice this on my MacBook Pro with Sonoma installed. I would like to understand if there is any setting to act on or it depends on the operating system.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
KateG
GoTo Moderator

Re: Mac Sonoma: Webcams permanently crash a few seconds after joining the meeting

Hi @klimt5 thanks for getting back to us with the additional information. 

Our team has learned that there have been issues with the Sonoma update that affect both screen sharing and audio quality.  We are currently waiting for more information and next steps and will keep the Community updated. Thanks again for your report. 

Kate is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!

Free new user and admin training

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
GlennD
GoTo Manager

Re: Mac Sonoma: Webcams permanently crash a few seconds after joining the meeting

Hi @klimt5, welcome to the community.

So it's the webcams of the people in the meeting that are freezing for you? When this happens do the other members of the meeting also see the webcams freeze or is it only happening to you?

Glenn is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!.
Do you want a new feature added? Make sure you Kudo (vote) for the Idea

Free user and admin training
klimt5
New Contributor

Yes, it's the webcams of the people in the meeting that are freezing for me. It only happens to me.
The only "temporary solution" I've found is to go to Preferences > Webcam and leave the relevant window active. What I've noticed is that as soon as I turn off my webcam the other webcams are frozen. If I reactivate it, something happens that allows me to see the other webcams active again.
KateG
GoTo Moderator

Hi @klimt5 thanks for getting back to us with the additional information. 

Our team has learned that there have been issues with the Sonoma update that affect both screen sharing and audio quality.  We are currently waiting for more information and next steps and will keep the Community updated. Thanks again for your report. 

Kate is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!

Free new user and admin training