cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Phoenix7

Request Remote Control is not available Nov 2023

Since the new Go To App was launched, you cannot request Remote Control from another session user (this has been tricky to explain to non English speakers, how to download the app, and move away from the Browser and Merge Screen and Pop Up)

In Classic Go To Meeting you could 'Request Remote Control' and a pop up would appear on the other persons screen. I would love for this to be re-instated on the new app but it seems a certain number of clients need to request for this to be reinstated on the new app.

There are places on the website with conflicting information:-

On a  video it says, when setting up a meeting to 'Click Attendee Experience' but I don't have that option when I'm setting up a new meeting yet my settings say it is 'activated'

In a Go To Meeting Community, a Post on 31st Aug says 'Request for Remote Control Feature for Go To Meeting for Non-Presenters is now available‘ but as I've just found out on a support call it is not!

https://community.logmein.com/t5/GoToMeeting-News/Request-for-Remote-Control-in-GoTo-Meetings-now-av...

The solution I have been provided with is to share a video with other users to explain how to share their screen, but a simple Pop Up Request would be a lot easier.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
GlennD
GoTo Manager

Re: Request Remote Control is not available Nov 2023

Hi @Phoenix7, welcome to the community.

The option to request remote control was added to the GoTo App however "Your admin must enable this feature before you can use it.". I see that you are an admin of a corporate account, so you can sign into the admin center and edit the permission yourself. You may have Remote Control for attendees enabled already, but you also need to check the new box below it.

Once you have done this, when you make someone else Presenter you will have the option to request control.

Glenn is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!.
Do you want a new feature added? Make sure you Kudo (vote) for the Idea

Free user and admin training

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
GlennD
GoTo Manager

Re: Request Remote Control is not available Nov 2023

Hi @Phoenix7, welcome to the community.

The option to request remote control was added to the GoTo App however "Your admin must enable this feature before you can use it.". I see that you are an admin of a corporate account, so you can sign into the admin center and edit the permission yourself. You may have Remote Control for attendees enabled already, but you also need to check the new box below it.

Once you have done this, when you make someone else Presenter you will have the option to request control.

Glenn is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!.
Do you want a new feature added? Make sure you Kudo (vote) for the Idea

Free user and admin training