cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MKluzak
Active Contributor

Why do I get reminded for a meeting I'm already in?

Why does GoToMeeting show me a reminder for an upcoming meeting if I'm already in it?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
GlennD
GoTo Manager

Re: Why do I get reminded for a meeting I'm already in?

Hi @MKluzak,

I do not think the reminder function is directly linked to the state of the GoTo App. If you join the meeting by clicking on the Join button in the reminder it is dismissed, otherwise you can snooze or dismiss it directly.

Glenn is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!.
Do you want a new feature added? Make sure you Kudo (vote) for the Idea

Free user and admin training

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
GlennD
GoTo Manager

Hi @MKluzak,

I do not think the reminder function is directly linked to the state of the GoTo App. If you join the meeting by clicking on the Join button in the reminder it is dismissed, otherwise you can snooze or dismiss it directly.

Glenn is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!.
Do you want a new feature added? Make sure you Kudo (vote) for the Idea

Free user and admin training
MKluzak
Active Contributor

Hi GlennD,

While it isn't a huge deal, I find it odd that if I start a meeting I created I get reminded when it's about to start.
soundinfo234

Getting reminded of a meeting you're already in can feel as redundant as a home security system alerting you to the door you just opened. It's likely the result of preset notifications that don't sync up with real-time participation—a digital hiccup that's all too common in the era of back-to-back virtual meetings. Much like home  security , which operates on scheduled checks regardless of your presence, calendar applications send out reminders based on predetermined times, not actual attendance, ensuring you're informed, even if you're already in the loop.

MKluzak
Active Contributor

I wouldn't call that a proper analogy. Even if I'm at home, I may want to know my door opened because it may not have been me. Having a security system and a device on a person with precise enough GPS to know they opened the door is not feasible. Also, the alerts may go out to multiple contacts, who all may not be at the location.

This is as simple as checking if the meeting organizer has the meeting running and not sending the alert if they are.