All attendees join a GoToTraining session on mute?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Make sure you Kudo Ideas you would like to see implemented

0 Kudos

All attendees join a GoToTraining session on mute.

18 Comments
Rick Harris1
Active Contributor
That setting doesn't seem to stick.  I just choose "mute all" on the attendee list after the first attendee arrives and it seems to work about 98% of the time.  Occasionally, someone still joins and and are not muted.  
Cederick Johnso
Got it. Thanks, Rick!
GlennD
GoTo Manager
Hi,
  • Attendees do not join a training session muted by default, they can mute themselves or the Organizer can mute them. 
  • If the Organizer mutes an Attendee they do have the ability to unmute themselves again.
  • If an Attendee mutes themselves, the Organizer has the ability to request that they unmute.
If you tend to host sessions with new Attendees who may not have taken part in an online training before, I recommend covering the etiquette of self muting unless you are called upon to speak, during the 'house keeping' at the beginning of the session.
Cederick Johnso
Thanks, Glenn!
Kevin14
Active Contributor
Can this feature be added?  It's certainly annoying when I have a lot of people joining in.
Ross Greiner
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Can we set our GTT to mute attendees on entry?.

When we are running our Go To Training sessions, we are constantly bombarded with background audio, feedback, etc., as each person joins un-muted. Is there a way to change this default behavior that we just aren't seeing? 
GlennD
GoTo Manager

Setting this as an Idea for consideration

Mike Weiner
I would like to be able to mute attendees on entry as well.  People who are new to GTT often do not use their audio PIN to identify them, so all I see for who is talking/generating the noise is "Phone Caller"
AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

Hi Mike,
I believe if you start the training early, and press the Mute All button, it should at least keep many of the newcomers muted as they arrive?

Mike Weiner
I will give it a try, but it would be nice to just have that available as an option when I create/schedule the training session.