Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Make sure you Kudo Ideas you would like to see implemented

Need Google Calendar Link in Registration Emails

0 Kudos

Need Google Calendar Link in Registration Emails

The Registration Email that users receives only has an ics file.  This is so outdated.  GoToWebinar product has it right... three different types of calendar links in the registration email, including Google.  GoToTraining desperately needs this as well.

10 Comments
Robyn Fields
I just accepted an invitation to attend a go-to-training but I cannot save the invite and data needed on any other format than ICS. We use google calendar. My co-workers have missed training sessions because the data was never stored. I saw that this functionality was added to go-to-webinar, can it be added to go-to-training?
GlennD
GoTo Manager
Hi Robyn,

Sorry, I do not currently have an ETA for when this will be added to GoToTraining registrations, but in the meantime you can add the event to your Google Calendar by doing the following:
  1. Select Other Calendars in the Google Calendar menu on the left
  2. Select Import Calendar
  3. Select the .ics calendar file that downloaded to your computer
Chellie Esters
@Glenn Dobson The technology to Add to Google Calendar already exists. Maybe G2T should partner with a company like Add This Event (https://addthisevent.com/) to add to their interface. I've used this as an attendee on other sites and it seems to work seamlessly. Our training base does not work on computers all day, they need something easy. Besides, *.ics files are quite the archaic approach these days.
Miguel Enciso
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Página: Añadir al Calendario.

Al finalizar el registro de los usuarios a un curso, tienen la opción de Añadir al calendario, pero se descarga, tenemos una forma que se pueda agregar al calendario de Google Apps. Ya que nuestros clientes estan en esa plataforma.
GlennD
GoTo Manager
Hola, esto actualmente no está soportado, pero está siendo considerado para una futura actualización.
Miguel Enciso
Hola Glenn, gracias por la pronta respuesta, es importante esta actualización para la gran mayoria de usuarios, te pido porfavor que me informen 

un abrazo desde Lima.
Miguel Enciso
Gleen, no hay modo de personalizar las pantallas del gototraining, al iniciar el registro y la confirmación de la misma?
Andy Flynn
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Accepting Invite, no way to add to Google Calendar.

One of our users is having an issue accepting an invitation to a gototraining invitation.  The "add to calendar" link downloads an ICS file only.  She wants this to go to her Google Calendar.  She is using Gmail and Chrome and her Chrome Handlers are set correctly according to Google.
Why is there not a Google Calendar option?
Callie Cella
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Is there a way to connect registrants to Calendars besides Outlook?.

Is there a way to connect registrants to Calendars besides Outlook? Looking specifically for Google Calendar, but others needed down the road as well.
KateG
GoTo Moderator
Status changed to: Reviewed by moderator