Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Make sure you Kudo Ideas you would like to see implemented

Additional Report Formats

0 Kudos

Additional Report Formats

Is there a way to download report details in a format other than Excel or CSV? These are great if you are feeding them into a 3rd party database or reporting system, but if I just want to send my panelist(s) a quick chart or overview, I need to jump through so many hoops (some due to our own network settings, undoubtedly) to download an Excel file -- which initially doesn't open because my system thinks it's corrupt -- then I have to either run it again or go open it from my Downloads folder, then it opens in Protected mode, so I have to enable Editing. THEN I can start reformatting the text because the header data causes spacing issues with the results data further down in the report. I've attached a screen shot of the "Performance" report as an example. This is not a readable format.  Can't something like this be downloaded as a read-to-share PDF?  Similarly, the Analytics > Engagement section has a nicely formatted chart view of the survey and Q&A results.  I would like to be able to download the results in EXACTLY THIS FORMAT. Instead, I can only download into Excel or CSV.

Performance Details Report.JPG Survey Results Screen.JPG

6 Comments
AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

Hi @AZuckerman1

Thanks for your feedback.

I will share this with the team for reporting improvement consideration.

AZuckerman1
Active Contributor

Thank you. 

pcaskey

While the download of report data into Excel/CSV formats is somewhat useful, the data are presented as an electronic sheet of paper to make it easy to print out and look nice. Sadly, though, to use the data requires significant user intervention in copying, formulas, or other gymnastics. For example, the "Join Time-LeaveTime" column mashes together several data items (I suppose so a human can read it easily)-- {JoinTime #1} - {LeaveTime #1} ({Minutes #1}),{JoinTime #2} - {LeaveTime #2} ({Minutes #2}), ...

Exceedingly more helpful for those who wish to create analyses would, at a minimum, be to separate the data items into individual columns, so that we can at least use "unpivot" capabilities. Best would be to give us the option to get the data in a truer "data" format instead of "electronic paper" formats.

I recognize and appreciate that you're not likely getting a groundswell from your users, so I'll give you to the end of the week ;). But might as well add my request to the 2,534,872, 976 other one-off requests on your feature requests!

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

@pcaskey  Thanks for your feedback around Attendee reporting.  I'm going to move this thread into the 'Ideas' section so others may view and comment upon it.

mtretina
Contributor

The multi-session attendee has  great information; however, some improvements can be made:

1. Eliminate all blank columns/rows - the blank row beneath the column headings is a nuisance as you have to delete to filter the info and there are blank columns serving no purpose

2. Is it really necessary to have a column for the title when the title of all sessions will be the same?

3. General info of each session should be in a row at the top - not a separate column. i.e. length of session, type.

This is start - the report is very useful though.

KateG
GoTo Moderator
Status changed to: Reviewed by moderator